Chapter 48. Still got us,

"So how much do you know about all of this?" I asked Lydia awkwardly as I sat in the back of my boyfriend's jeep. For some reason, I thought I would be nice and let her sit in the front. We did just as Scott had said and picked her up, apparently she was like the only person that Jackson truly cared about or something I don't know. 

She turned around to face me, "Pieces... half of it is like a dream."

"Yeah? Well the other half is a freaking nightmare, okay?" Stiles said in annoyance as his grip on the steering wheel tightened. 

I let out a sigh, "This is probably all going to be super confusing to you... just, we need you to be careful. We don't know what exactly can happen here."

"I'm well aware of that," Lydia said as she turned back around in her seat. 

"Okay, well I'm just gonna drive through the wall... so, hold on." Stiles said quickly as he pressed down on the gas. I gripped on to the back of his seat as the jeep plowed through the wall, hitting Jackson- in Kanima form- in the process. My eyes widened when I saw literally everyone inside the warehouse. 

Stiles let out a shaky breath, "Did I get him?"

Jackson then jumped on to the hid of the jeep and started hissing loudly, Stiles, Lydia and myself all started to scream as we tried to get out of the jeep quickly. Of course with me being in the backseat, I was the last one out- just as I fell on to the cement, Lydia pulled out a key and held it up to show to Jackson. 

My eyes widened as I watched Jackson slowly transform back into his human self, Lydia was shaking as she watched him. I was awkwardly trying to crawl over to where Scott and Stiles were standing, but I couldn't help but watch them. Jackson slowly grabbed the key and then looked at Lydia sadly, before slowly backing away from her. 

I scrambled to my feet as I saw Peter come out from behind a pole, Derek then launched himself at Jackson and the Hale's both sunk their claws into Jackson. I pulled my hand up to my mouth in shock as I watched them kill him. Stiles grabbed on to me and pulled me over to where he was standing, but I couldn't tear my eyes away from Jackson and Lydia. 

When Peter and Derek retracted their claws and backed away, Jackson started to cough and slowly sink to the floor. Lydia went towards him and gently grabbed on to his body, crying silently. "Do you-- do you still.." Jackson coughed out.

Lydia nodded quickly, "I do! I do still love love. I do, I do still love you. I do." She started to sob as Jackson's head fell on to her shoulder. 

Tears started to fall from my eyes as she held on to him, sobbing loudly. The small gold key fell to the floor, and rattled in the silence. I never realized that Jackson wasn't always such a dick, until now. At one point, before all of this happened and he got sucked into it, he was probably enjoyable to be around. Especially with Lydia. He loved her, and she loved him. Maybe I can fully empathize with them now because just the thought of being that position with Stiles makes me want to kill myself. Or maybe it's because a part of me always knew that they were it for each other, they loved each other and there wasn't anyone else for them. 

As Lydia laid Jackson down on the floor, I tried to hastily wipe at my eyes- I didn't want to keep crying. I've cried enough. Lydia stood up and turned to face us, but before she could walk over to us- Jackson started to stand up. My eyes widened as I watched him stand fully and then arch his back as he let out a howl, his eyes glowing bright blue. He's a werewolf. How in the holy hell did that happen?

Lydia spun back around and then launched herself at Jackson, they held each other tightly as they cried to themselves. I glanced at Allison and Scott to see that they were holding each other's hand. Maybe it wasn't over for them? Maybe there was still some hope for all of us after all. What Allison said next though- just proved that we were always going to be hopeless, "Where's Gerard?"

"He couldn't have gotten far." Mr. Argent, a.k.a. Chris, said as he glanced around. 

Stiles hand found mine and he gripped it tightly, I glanced at him and he offered me a small smile. We finally did it. We defeated the Kanima, although Gerard is missing and now Jackson is a wolf, at least he isn't going to be some mind controlled homicidal lizard. Small victories.

"Tell me again why I'm here?" I laughed as I grabbed the lacrosse stick that Scott handed me out of the back of Stiles' jeep. For some reason they had invited me along to their own little practice that they were holding to help Stiles team captain on the team next year. 

Scott grinned as he elbowed Stiles, "To give him some special encouragement."

Stiles laughed sarcastically, "Yeah, okay. I don't need special encouragement. Why don't you just get in the goal and help me get team captain like you promised there, big guy." 

My brother smiled as he grabbed his stick from me and headed back to the small goal, I skipped over to the bleachers and took a seat. I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face as I watched the two people I loved more than anything else get set up to practice together. 

"Hey, you know what I just realized?" Scott said as he turned around to face Stiles and myself as he positioned himself in the goal.

I rose an eyebrow, "What is it you realized?"

"I'm right back where I started." Scott said with a small smile.

Stiles twisted the stick around his hands as he glanced at my brother, "What do you mean?"

"I mean no lacrosse, no popularity, no girlfriend, nothing." He explained. 

My boyfriend gaped at him, "Dude you still got me."

Scott smirked, "I had you before."

"Yeah, and you've still got me." He argued. 

I gasped, "And you have me. Hello, I am totally the life of the party between the three of us, let's be real here."

Stiles let out a laugh, "Clearly."

"Oh you love me, shut up." I retorted as I leaned back in the bleachers. I glanced at Scott and he was laughing at the two of us, obviously he was amused and beyond happy that he had the both of us with him.

My boyfriend rolled his eyes, "Don't remind me. Now, remember- no wolf powers."

"Got it." Scott said with a nod.

Stiles narrowed his eyes, " No I mean it. No super fast reflexes, no super eyesight, no hearing-- none of that crap, alright?"

Scott sighed, "Okay. Now come on." He then hit each post of the goal with his stick and crouched down into a ready position.

Stiles got his stick ready but before he shot the ball he glanced at Scott again, "You promise?" 

I let out a groan, "Oh would you just take the shot already!"

My brother smiled, "Special encouragement."

Stiles muttered curses under his breath as he launched the ball at the net, I let out a laugh as Scott used his super speed to catch the ball. Stiles dramatically threw his stick down and stomped his foot in annoyance, "I said no wolf powers!" 

________________________________________________________________________

And this is the last chapter of The Other McCall. OMG. How sad! I can't believe I got it done this quickly, I was just so freaking obsessed with getting to season three that I pushed myself to write it all. Anyway- thank you all so much for the support on this book, and all of the nice comments. It really meants a lot. Season three will be posted in a totally seperate book, and I shall post that with the blurb and such right after this! I'm super excited for season three, I have so much planned for Stiles and Kasey that it's crazy. 

Be sure to fan, vote, and comment. Especially since it's the last chapter, if you are a reader of this story PLEASE comment what you thought of the book on this chapter! I want to hear from every single one of you! Don't be shy! xxx