Chapter 33. Lydia ISN'T the Kanima,

"I can stay until Scott get's back, if you want." Stiles said with a sigh as he sat down on the foot of my bed. My brother had to go and pick our mom up from the hospital tonight, and since I didn't want to be in these wet clothes anymore Stiles offered to drive me back to my house so I could change. How sweet of a boyfriend is he.

I didn't want him to leave- that was the problem. I know that if I tell him I want him to stay until Scott get's back that he would leave when my brother returned. And as I just said before, I really don't want him to leave. I don't want to be separated from him right now- the past two nights he has been put in harms way and there was not a single thing I could do about it to help him.

My eyes then landed on my backpack that was sitting on the floor in front of my dresser, we did have school tomorrow... maybe I can stay the night at his place. I know that his dad is probably at the station working on the Isaac Lahey case, so he won't be home. And plus, I don't want him staying here while my mom and brother are in the house. That would be awkward to explain.

I took a deep breath as I glanced at him nervously, "Actually... could I... um, well... can I stay the night with you? At your house?"

As soon as I said it- I felt like an idiot for even asking such a question. He doesn't want to have me stay the night with him, not after the long and stressful day he's had. He probably wants to go home, take a shower, change, and then get some well earned sleep. Without me.

His eyes widened, "You want to...to stay at my house....with me... at my house?"

"Yeah... I just really don't want to...um, be without you right now... but if you don't want me to I completely understand." I backtracked quickly, maybe asking him was a bad idea. I don't know why I am so scared from the thought of him going back to his house without me.

"No! No, I want you too- I mean, yes. Yes, you can." He stammered nervously as he stood up from the bed, looking a bit on edge. I don't know why, he's not the one that looks utterly pathetic right now because he can't bare the thought of not being with me for the night.

I nodded as I made my way to my closet, "Okay just... I need to pack some clothes for school tomorrow, and then we can go."

What should I grab? My hands snatched up a gray tank top and a pair of black skinny jeans quickly, I then grabbed my pair of keds that had a galaxy sort of print on them and shoved them into my school bag. I had already taken a shower and changed into my pajama's so I'll just wear those over to his house, that's okay right? I then headed to the bathroom to grab my hairbrush and toothbrush, once I had them dropped into my bag I slung it over my shoulder and slipped on my shoes.

"You ready to go?" I asked tentatively.

"Yeah, yes. Um, yes." He then walked out of my bedroom quickly, what is up with him? I don't think I will ever be able to fully understand him- ever.

The ride to his house was silent, other than the mindless chat we had every now and again. I was really tired, and I just wanted to go to sleep knowing that Stiles was right beside me and I would have nothing to worry about. Nothing can happen to him while I'm with him, he can't be taken or killed or seriously injured if I'm right next to him. He will be okay. And that in turn, makes me okay.

When he pulled into his driveway and we walked into his dark and empty house, I was reminded of Derek's old rundown house. Does he still stay there? I can't imagine that he does- now that he has Erica, Isaac, and Boyd all with him. Do their parents even care that they are out all the time and how different they are all acting? I mean, I know my mom questioned it with Scott- but he still manages to stay around the house.