Chapter 17. Making up and forming a plan

When I woke up for school this morning, I was still very much mentally exhausted. And my dreams really didn't help the situation much either. My stupid subconscious really knows how to ruin a good nights sleep, that's for sure. And when Scott and I got to school, we met up with Stiles as per usual- but I didn't know how to act around him yet. And they were both currently telling me of yet another illegal activity they did last night.

"So you helped him escape from the cops and the Argent's?" I asked with a sigh, my brother is so bipolar with Derek it's unreal. I guess they're back to working together now, even though they are toxic to each other.

Scott nodded, "Yeah. He said he was close to catching the alpha but then the cops showed up, which is why we had to help. Anyway- apparently Harris is linked to his sister, and so is a necklace that belongs to Allison."

"Of course," I laughed dryly, why wouldn't Harris be involved in some way. It's not bad enough he makes school life miserable- now he will be infiltrating the whole personal secret werewolf thing we have going on.

My brother pulled the door open so we could enter the ninth ring of hell itself, "It's not going to be easy getting that necklace from her."

"Just ask if you can borrow it?" Stiles suggested.

"How?" Scott moaned, clearly Allison still wasn't talking to him.

I sighed, "Just ask her for it? It's easy just say 'Hey Allison can I borrow your necklace so I can see if it is related to this alpha werewolf that is kind of causing issues for me right now but if I get it back we can prolong our life together and live happily ever after' or well, you can paraphrase if you like."

Scott narrowed his eyes at me, "Not helping."

"Look just ask her for it. Think of it like this; get the necklace, get the alpha, get the cure, get Allison." Stiles stated as he grabbed my hand before pulling me away from Scott and down the hall. I have no idea where he is going or what he is doing- but I'm too tired to argue or try to pull away. And plus I have missed holding his hand, that familiar spark ignited under my skin the second he grabbed me. 

He finally stopped walking when we got down by my locker, I guess he knew I needed to grab my stuff from inside or something. I bit my lip awkwardly as I started to turn the lock with my combination, "Kasey, will you please talk to me?" 

"I was talking to you earlier," I pointed out as I pulled open the locker and grabbed my Chemistry book, I turned to look at him and he had his back pressed against the lockers beside me- his eyes fixed on the ceiling. 

He sighed outwardly, "I'm sorry that I'm in love with, alright? Is that what you want me to say? Just tell me what to say or do and I'll freaking do it, but you have to tell me how to fix this."

"Stiles there isn't anything to fix, honestly I'm not weirded out or anything about you being in love with me. It actually was probably the best news I've heard in a really long time," I admitted quietly. The fact that he loves me just makes me want to be with him even more, he loves me for me. As weird and awkward and emotionally blocked off as I am, and he wants that. 

Stiles turned to face me with a look of pure confusion, "I don't understand... then why are you acting so weird around me?"

I shrugged as I closed my locker, "I don't know. I don't know why I shut people out the way I do, and I'm sorry for that. I've never felt like this before... and it's really starting to freak me out, okay? I'm scared, and I am so tired of being scared." 

He placed his hands on my shoulders as his eyes met mine, "Kasey you don't have to be scared with me, alright?"

"What if you leave?" I asked fearfully, that's been the question on my mind since the night of Scott's confession for him. What if he doesn't love me as much as he thought and he get's bored and just wants to leave. My dad did it, what makes Stiles any different?