Chapter Fifteen - I Didn't Fight For Her.

It was past midnight when the boys came in. I woke up about 2 hours before and felt so light-headed I decided to just stay in the living room. I didn't text them about it, I don't want to mention it to them over text and make the worry about me when they are out having a good time. But it won't be long until they ask what happened to me as my face has now swelled up and turned purple abit but I put some frozen peas to calm it abit. I sighed as I replayed what happened early over my mind, wincing every time.

When they entered the house, the silence erupted into a bundle of laughter as I heard a someone floor over in the hallway. I smiled a little inside, happy that they had a good time. But I could tell they were pissed face. And I know that all they wanted to do now is go to sleep without any worry. I decided to quickly pass them whilst they were still laughing at who fell over. I made it past them and up the stairs when I bumped into Vic, who looked completely sober and was holding a first aid kit. I was startled and dropped my frozen peas pack on the floor, making my whole cheek visible. 

I looked up to see Vic's happy smile turn into a worried look and quickly lifted my head to take a good look at my face. I tried to turn my head but his hold was to strong to overcome.

'What happened to you?' He asked in full concern, his eyes looking over me, confused. I was silent for a moment, swallowing and closing my eyes shut tight to stop picturing her face.

'She came,' I whispered quietly, but loud enough for him to hear. I opened my eyes to see his still confused but then widen after a moment and his mouth hang open in surprise.

'But-but she can't have-' He stuttered, but I interrupted him by nodding quickly as tears welled up in my eyes of which I have tried to keep in but have failed too. He quickly sucked me into a hug and I returned one back and let myself cry in his arms. He hushed me and rocked me back and forth slowly. 

'I'm so sorry,' Vic whispered in my ear. I didn't reply, I just cried even more, letting it all out. Not caring anymore.

I hate myself for being like this. Being so weak. Letting myself cry over something as simple as this. I should of seen it coming. I should of known that one day she would return and take her revenge. That she would get me back for abandoning her and taking Vic with me. Leaving her there, alone without anybody to hold on to. Except him. And he has turned her into the devil she never was. And there is know way of her going back. Not now. She has been it for too long to change her. This is now her. And it's all my fault.

'It's all my fault,' I sobbed into his t-shirt, making me cry even harder.

'No, no it's not, you know it's not. Don't say that,' He hushed at me, rubbing my hair soothingly.

'But it is, it so is,' I sniffled, pushing away to look up and see his face,' If it wasn't for me, she wouldn't of done this. If I didn't say those things to her, if I didn't take you away-'

'No, no listen to me,' Vic interrupted me, now grabbing me by the shoulders to have my full and utter attention,' This is not your fault. It's her stupid fault for turning to him, for not listening to our parents, to you. You tried to tell her not to but she didn't listen. It's her own fault.'

I didn't say anything, I just looked down at my feet and bit my lip. Vic hugged me again before I pulled back and looked into his eyes.

'But I let her go without a fight,' I said to him, breathing heavily. Vic's eyes softened and gulped nervously. I never let anybody go without a fight. When my parents disappeared, I searched for over a year for them and would never except the fact they were gone until I knew exactly what happened to them. I don't let anybody go. But I let her go. And I didn't try to stop her or fight with her to not go. I actually encouraged her to leave. I did the exact opposite of fight for her.

Vic closed his eyes and leaned his forehead on mine. I closed my eyes too but couldn't calm down as the past just scorched through my brain like lightening. We stayed like this for a while, just listening to each other breathing until Vic broke the silence.

'Come on, let me make us some Hot Chocolate,' He said half-heartedly, lifting up his head and taking my hand. I opened my eyes and smiled at him and nodded.

We made our way downstairs to hear snoring from the living room but decided to leave them and get Vic's hot chocolate and relax for a bit. We talked for abit in the kitchen but we stayed cleared of bringing up the topic of her again or anything related. I still couldn't get it out of my mind and decided to go to bed early so that I can clear my head.

I made my way upstairs and saw my phone bright up on my bed. I picked it up and saw it was from Karl and I smiled a little but didn't open it and went straight to bed. Into a dreamless sleep.

                                                                                         ***

I woke up the next morning at the usually time of 8:00 am and groaned as I remembered that it was Monday and it was school. I wiped my hands over my face and opened my eyes sleepily not wanting to face the day a head. But as I had no choice I got up slowly and got ready. I made my way downstairs, looking normal as usual to see only Vic up and cooking breakfast. He saw me walk in and smile sympathetically before popping some toast onto a plate and handing it to me. He looked at me up and down and saw that I was ready to school.

'You don't have to go to school today if you don't want to,' He said, whilst returning to the other guys breakfast. I looked up at him and shook my head violently even though he can't see me.

'No, I have to go, people will think I'm just trying to escape everything,' I said, taking a big bite out of my crusty toast. He dished up everybodyelses breakfast and nodded understandingly at my responce. I finished the rest of my hands, brushed the crumbs off my hands and raised my eyebrows at Vic whilst finishing off the last bite. 

'Well I'm ready, can you take me? I've not fixed up my baby yet and I need a ride,' I asked nervously, dreading that he might so no and I will have to catch the bus with all the other school pupils in the morning. He smirked at me but nodded even though and walked out through the house and went outside. I scowled at what he was up to but followed him reluctantly.

'Yeah sure, but I don't think you need me too,' I heard him say when I was close enough to here him. I frowned even more until I walked outside to see my baby all fixed up, looking brand new. My eyes widened in surprise and my frown broke into a smile as I looked over my re-decorated bike. It's old rusty outer coat was replaced with an amazing maroon colour which shined in the sunlight. It's old engine was twinged with some new parts to keep it from breaking again and I could tell that it was all fixed up just right. I turned to Vic quickly, a proud smile on his face.

'How did you- wait, when did you-' I said excitedly to him but was interrupted by him.

'It doesn't matter, but I'm just glad that you like it, I knew you wanted it repairing so I did the honour,' He said, smiling all the while and giving me a cheeky wink after it. I couldn't stop smiling and that it had lifted up my mood so much I couldn't find anything to say than thank you probably more than 20 times in a row.

'It's fine, now go on, don't want you to miss school now do I?' He said between muffled laughs and cocking his eyebrow up. I rolled my eyes at him but did what I was told and hopped up on my renewed baby. I twisted the handle and a rawr quickly escaped my baby's mouth making my smile widen. I waved to Vic before setting off, leaving in such a better mood than when I woke up.

I parked up out of the school after letting my baby let out a couple of rawr's to make other motorbikest jealous. I jumped off, grabbed my bag and made my way into school, a big grin plastered onto my face, for the first time in a long while.