Chapter Five: Portae Inferi

Why in the hell do I get myself into situations like this, why do I choose to do such stupid things? I mean seriously why did I give Dee the map, his I.Q. is lower than my toasters. Even Cog know better than to take us past portae inferi I mean God damn it they’re the gates of hell, and no I’m not letting the location out lose lips sink ships and this is one ship that does not need to sink.

We were greeted warmly by Beelzebub and one of his unimpressive Demonic henchmen, unfortunately for us I was a tad bit drained from the whole fiasco at the graveyard and Beelzebub was well aware of that. He turned to his henchmen carefully removing his dress shoes and jacket as Dee barked threats at him then it happened, he transformed into a full-fledged Demon his muscles grew horns shot from his head his finger nails turned black and grew into claws. At that moment Dee shot towards him jumping and kicking Beelzebub full force in the face right as his eyes turned solid black, Dee landed tearing his shirt of and began to transform as well. His body pulsed suddenly becoming fully defined with muscle the nails grew to claws and hair coated his arms, before he was even finished he slashed across Beelzebub’s face throwing him to the side. Dee’s eyes split like cats eyes and his teeth sharpened to points, he was one step away from full power one step away from being on an even playing field with Lucifer himself.

Sadly that wasn’t a step he could make without descending into madness so he continued to fight restricted, it seemed evenly matched but I knew something was off the henchmen wasn’t stepping in, Demons have no honor they don’t fight fair why the beast was watching was beyond me. That is until I saw it the beast had the key, it was going to release Beelzebub’s full force if he started to lose. They weren’t there for us they were there to start Armageddon early; this was a coup in Hell. Without warning the henchman lunged forward thrusting the key into Beelzebub I thought fast grabing Cog’s silver dagger and throwing it through the henchman’s hand. Dee took advantage of the distraction thrusting his hand clean through Beelzebub’s abdomen then kicking him back into hell to regenerate. The henchman wasn’t so lucky Dee quickly removed its head from its body collecting its blood in a test-tube for the book. 

You see there’s something interesting about Demons, they are monsters much like Dee they were created by feeding on Crusnik’s only they weren’t of this world to begin with they were angels cast to earth for their sins they feed on my ancestors in hopes of regaining their wings instead they were given hooves the ultimate symbol of the land bound beast. Sadly that means I can’t take their blood into my body. They’d make a good food source if not for their tainted blood; the light in them would tear me apart from the inside out. So rather than die we kept his blood separate and set off for home.