Chapter Five: Rogum Prosequitur Bestiæ

It seems we have a slight bit of an issue, this morning I woke up to find that Dee and Cog aren’t here. Ever since she got here Dee’s been to side tracked to help out with anything he never cleans, never helps find us new followers, hell he hasn’t even helped with the last two kills. Now he’s gone as far as to just disappear, leaving me empty handed. Apparently Cog heard about the undead from our Beta Division; oh yea I forgot to mention we have a Beta, Charlie, and a Delta Division were actually spreading fairly well. But more importantly back to what the little human decided to handle without me, she’d run off to rogum prosequitur bestiæ. I knew this wasn’t going to be fun, even I hate going to the graveyard of our ancestors cause well they don’t really die. Their souls move on and their wits go with them but their bodies they keep on going, as long as they can move they will and without their minds they get a tad unsocial.

So rather than let them die like I’d suggested Marry decided to drag us to the graveyard muttering something about recruiting the undead, which to me just sounded more like lets go try to kill a bunch of immortals. Of course since I have zero interest in arguing with a witch let alone one I live with so I tagged along, something I grew to regret very quickly.

When we first arrived there wasn’t a single beast in sight; which made no sense to me as the few other times I’d been forced to venture here there were undead everywhere. Of course we weren’t the only ones there and well Dee is kind of an idiot so I assumed he’d gotten himself into trouble. I suggested we leave as well it wasn’t our issue but Marry insisted we go find out what happened. So rather than waste precious time wondering aimlessly bored to tears I decided to waste my life a tad faster and activate my powers. As my powers awakened I felt something unexpected this ground was filled with the blood of the undead, blood of our ancestors, the same blood that courses through my veins. For the first time since my powers awakened I wasn’t losing my life force to these God forsaken powers, at that moment I grabbed Marry’s hand shooting off towards the smell of decay there was no time to waste.

Before Marry could react we landed in front of a swarm of them, they’d gathered around Dee honing in on the smell of blood. It was immediately apparent that Cog had been injured forcing Dee to fight rather than run, but Dee stood no chance against this swarm he’d have trouble taking on one of the undead while protecting Cog let alone the thirty or so that were there. So I stepped in, raising my hand to crush the beasts. I thrust my hand into the air blood began to ooze from the soil wrapping around my body and spinning manically, I rushed into the crowd drawing back my arm as the blood formed a scythe like spike tearing into the largest of the undead. He began to heal immediately but it wasn’t enough his healing was so slow I could see all his moves before he made them my eyes glowing bright purple through the blood as I continued to rip through his body the spinning blood liquefying the beast till there was nothing left to regenerate. I’d had my fun I knew I had to kill the rest quickly so we could make our escape before the whole horde arrived, even I would have trouble against a thousand of these beasts. I raised my hand, the blood rushing off my body forming spear like weapons in the air but before I could attack they began to quietly chant “Rector, Rector” it grew louder soon they were screaming “Rector, Rector, Rector” then silence as the all bowed facing me. They’d claimed me as their new leader, a position that fit me well.

Knowing that I had to leave this cursed land I decided to appoint a stand in a younger member of the undead who still had a sense of wit about him, a beast cast into the graveyard before his time. I told him they were now my Echo division and they were to stop harming those who trespassed on their land, instead teaching them that we are all equal in this world no matter what form of beast we are.