Chapter Three: Tattoo

I awoke this morning to an odd feeling. It felt like my body was burning from the inside out, I couldn’t move or breath I just laid there helpless wondering why the alarm wasn’t tripped, how could they get in without us knowing. That’s when it hit me what if this wasn’t some mercenary what if this was something worse. Could one of my friends have been a spy all along? That’s when my eyes shot open to find that I was alone no killers, or friends’, standing over me though my bed was scorched from the heat my body was admitting.

I started to feel better almost immediately as I went to get a drink. i rarely get to eat now a days but Marry had managed to score me some vampire blood, honestly it could be any monsters blood and id be fine but this way I don’t feel bad for whatever creature had to die for me to live. Plus those disgusting creatures don’t even die from the wound that is unless I retrieve it myself but that’s another story.

But back to the point, while retrieving my breakfast I realized that well I seem to have a tattoo its small just a circular symbol and some tribal on my right hand but I don’t have the slightest idea where it came from. Marry of course assumes it has something to do with that God awful book but I’d rather not find out personally. As far as I’m concerned that book doesn’t exist it isn’t the answer it can’t be. Nothing that requires the death of one of each and every origin beast could bring the kind of peace I’m looking for and I refuse to believe that it will!