Chapter 14

Emily woke up to a loud noise. Thunder and lightning strikes that were beginning again. It must of been late, because there was a cool breeze, and all the windows in the hotel were dark. Emily stirred awake, trying to remember where she was. It came into focus now and then she remembered the door. Her only option would be to go back to the library and climb through the balcony and to her room from the hallway in order to unlock it. At night, it was hard to see in front of her. She heard something in the woods nearby behind the gate. Emily peered into the woods, realizing the effects of the wine still in her system. When she looked down, Emily could of swore she saw a glowing pair of eyes near the patch of trees behind the hotel. Emily panicked and her hand slipped from the roof. She fell from the roof, and felt the wind being knocked out of her after grabbing something to catch her fall. She landed in the grass and things went dark fast.

***

Emily could hear noises above her but they were far away. She could also feel something cool in the air. She had a hard time Emily began to wake up. She rubbed the side of her head that was throbbing. She began to open her eyes and saw Michael was right in front of her looking at her in the face.

"Whoah!" she said. Her body felt wet from the grass. "What happened?" Emily said. She closed her eyes and wiped her hands on her pants to get all the dew off.

"Don't fall asleep. You might have a concussion. Look at me, and try to stay awake," Michael said. Emily opened her eyes.

"I was already asleep apparently, so I don't think it matters at this point," Emily said.

"So what were you doing?" Michael said. Emily pushed herself up.

"I was walking around last night, couldn't sleep afterwards. I must of fallen asleep here," Emily said. Emily tried standing up.

"Ugh," she said.

"What?" Michael asked.

"Nothing," Emily said. "I just need to get back to my room. I think I slept on it wrong." Michael followed Emily inside and helped her to the stairs.

"I got it from here. Thanks Michael," Emily said.

"Next time, don't do it alone," Michael said, walking away. Emily faced the stairs and with holding the railing, she hopped with one foot until she reached the top. She reached her room, and sat on the bed. Emily could hear drillings going. She peered through the curtain, and saw that Larry was working on her car. Emily smiled. She got in her bed, and decided to back to sleep. Meanwhile, she thought of how lucky it was that water grew on grass in mornings like these.