Not Just on Stage

"Marie! Wait!" James shouted.

Marie stopped and turned around, tears were in her eyes, she didn't want to leave. James was such a great company. Maybe his last words will make the situation better.

As he came closer to her, he realized she's been crying so he spread his arms and she kept on crying on his shoulder as he held her tight. As Marie calmed down, James set his hands on Marie's shoulders gently to make her look him in the eye and then he said,

"I'm going to miss you, Marie. I'm going to miss you so much."

He caressed her cheek and wiped away a tear. She put her hand oh his, not wanting to let go, but they both eventually did. Then their eyes met again.

"You know Marie... In my city... There's something we do everytime before someone leaves..." he said awkwardly.

"What is it?" asked Marie, her eyes were full of water again.

"Friends.. You know... They... They kiss... As a goodbye..." he said, finding both of Maries hands, interlocking his fingers with hers.

Marie didn't know what to say, she just slowly stepped closer. The thought of that she might never see him again terrified her and another tear fell down her cheek.

"I'll miss you too." she said and with that, he quickly set his hand on her head, pulling her into a sweet, passionate kiss. And with that the story ended.

The curtains dropped and you heard the crowd cheer and clap loudly and excitedly. It made you happy that the premiere was a success, but one thing that was even more exciting for you, was that even after you took your final bow and went backstage, you still had a feeling of your costar's - Chris' - lips on yours. He truly had the softest lips on the planet and he was such a good kisser. Even just sharing smooches on practices was amazing, but this was really, really good.

Your best friend found you backstage and congradulated you for your amazing performance.

"Oh c'mon, it wasn't that great." you said, rolling your eyes. Though you had to admit that you were happy to hear that she liked it.

"It was!" she shouted. "And you never told me that you were going to be all over that guy at the end! You guys were seriously perfect!"

"I didn't tell you because I didn't know we'd do that." you giggled.

"What do you mean you didn't know? Were you never at the practice when you were supposed to do that?"

"No, I was, but I thought that we were just supposed to share a smooch and leave." you said. "But don't say anything, because I am not complaining at all. This guy's lips are so soft and sweet and his kisses are just out of this world. I'm so glad we'll have to play this every day till the end of this month. I'll do my best just so I can get what I got today."

Your beat friend smirked at you and then you both laughed together. Then she noticed that Chris was approaching the room so she said that she'll leave you alone and that you should give her a call later. You promised her you'll do so and as you hugged her, you spotted Chris aswell.

Luckily, you had your casual clothes on already so you wouldn't look like a freak anymore. And he had his cool looking casual outfit on aswell. Black jeans, baby blue shirt. It might not sound like something too amazing, but he was so handsome in it. Eye candy, seriously.

Then, the thoughts of your lips being locked came back to your mind again and you groaned a little, but he was still too far away from you so he couldn't hear it. Which was good. For you. For now.

"Hey Y/n. Nice job, you were amazing today." said Chris once he was close enough and hugged you.

"Thank you Chris, you were pretty amazing yourself." you smiled.

"Oh, thank you very much. I thought I fucked up everything I could, so maybe you're the only one who thinks so." he said and one of his most adorable smiles appeared on his face and you couldn't help but giggle and blush a little.

"But I wanted to talk to you about... Uh... The end, basically." he said, making you look at hin straight in the eye. "I'm not exactly sure what came over me, and I didn't want to scare you off with what I did. I hope you're not or that you won't be mad with me because of it." he blushed.

"Oh, that..." you said, smiling to yourself. "Don't worry about it. I kind of liked it actually."

He looked at you and you looked at him. His face went from terror to confused happiness.

"Why were you so worried about it? It's a play, I'm supposed to not be angry about anything around here, it's my job." you said.

"I know, that's why. Because I care about you and I want you to be safe and happy. And don't get me wrong, I'm sure you can do it yourself but, I kind of want to be a bigger part of your life. I don't want you to forget me after this is all done, Y/n." he said as you were about to reply, his phone rang and he apologized and told you he has to answer.

30 seconds passed and you were still thinking of what you should say. To you it was obvious that he wanted to be more than just friends, but does that mean best friends or a relationship? That's why you had to use words, not actions.

He came back and said, "I'm sorry I ruined this moment, I thought it was kind of romantic and I feel really, really bad because of it."

You grabbed his hands and shook them, telling him that he doesn't need to apologize so much and that it's all fine. And after you did so, both of you realized that you were standing a few inches away from each other, still holding hands. Standing so close to him made you want to feel his lips on yours again and as you looked at them, you felt butterflies in your stomach.

Was that really happening?

"I'm gonna miss you." he said, smiling gently.

At this point, you knew exactly what this meant so you released his hands and put yours behind his neck, stepping a bit closer to him so you could feel his breaths.

"I'm gonna miss you, too." you said and his hands grabbed your cheeks and one of your hands gently grabbed his hair as your lips met again. You felt like your stomach was about to explode from all of the butterflies inside it while he was sucking on your bottom lip gently. It was even better than on stage and you felt that way because you weren't doing this because you both had to, but because you wanted to.

His hands pulled you closer by your back and you moaned in pleasure. The kisses were deep, passionate, but slow. And dreamy. He didn't use too much force and barely touched your bottom lip with his tongue. He slowered the pace even more, then placing a final, sweet and soft kiss on your lips, before pulling away and looking you straight in the eye. Your hands touched again and he made you interlock your fingers with his as you were looking at each other, gulping for air.

"Don't think I've never thought about doing this before." he smirked after his breathing was at least halfway to normal.

"Well, I have to admit that I wanted to do it many times aswell and it just makes me soa happy that you did." you smiled. He hugged you tight, kissing your forehead.

"I could do this all day if you'd let me." he said.

"Let's go to my trailer, we could definetely do more of that." you said, running your hands around his skinny waist.

He smirked and stole a quick kiss from you, before he said, "Let's go." and you left the theatre, holding each other's hands.