Chapter 17 - I Could Make Clifford The Big Red Big Dog Look Like An Albino

I spent the next day trying to hunt Drew down so I could give him back his notes which had surprisingly come in very handy for my test.

His messy hand writing was difficult to decipher, kind of the like the guy himself, but he came up with some thought provoking analysis about the poems which I would have to discuss with him as the detail in them even surprised me. I had known Drew was a smart guy but the depth of his knowledge and understanding shocked me to the point where I suspected that he probably spent all his spare time revising as by his own admission he needed to get away from this town and away from his volatile, ignorant pig of a father.

Dina and Lucy decided to join my search for Harries as they whined and moaned about River Island not having a student discount – like most of their clothes are for us young people so some appreciation would be nice.

“I can’t pay full price for a dress of theirs” I bellowed, utterly horrified by the notion. To say I was on a money lockdown would not be an exaggeration – I could just about afford Primark let alone Prada.

“Bitch, please: I cannot pay for a dress at Topshop without using my 10% discount unless I hide my receipts and bags from my parents when I get home,” Lucy huffed angrily while I nodded sympathetically.

Dina, whose whole wardrobe was like a Topshop department store and was nice enough to let Lucy and I raid her clothes for a night out, pushed her long blonde hair behind as walked alongside us in the direction of the Science department.

“It’s so unfair because like old people don’t even shop there so we should totally get a discount so they get more young customers,” she mumbled. “They do really nice bras though,” she concluded while I rolled my eyes.

“Oh no,” I told her. “Last time I got a black, lace bra from there the stupid male shop assistant actually had the nerve to look at the bra and then my boobs and he fucking laughed! Ok, so it may have looked a little big on me but dammit I’m a 32B!”

That revelation caused quite a few of the other students to stare at us and as heat reached my face I was glad I couldn’t blush because if I could I was sure I would make Clifford The Big Red Dog look like an albino. I need to keep the volume down.

“At least your boobs don’t jiggle every time you run for the bus,” Lucy scoffed as she looked down at her chest. “These babies are both a blessing and a bloody nuisance.”

“And we all know how all the guys want to play with your big babies,” I teased as we came to a stop outside of the Careers department which was about as handy as Robin Thicke deciding to be a bastard and telling girls we ‘want it’ despite our protests that no, Robin, we most certainly do not.

“It always pisses me off when guys try to cop a feel when we’re making out because there’s no finesse to their actions,” she hissed as memories of such events probably rolled around in her dirty, experienced mind.

“You’re preaching to the choir, sister,” I said shuddering at the thought of Harry’s sleazy hands under my shirt. “When I used to make out with Harry his shirt always used to come off but I kept myself covered with a sheet or my shirt because I wasn’t comfortable and he kept asking if I had deformed tits.”

“What a prick,” Dina said while giving a quick glance at my chest that caused me to stifle a laugh.

“It’s not like I forced him to take his shirt off, you know,” I bitterly informed them. “But he felt that I was obligated to do the same and I used to tell him to button it so we could finish making out before my parents came back home with Jake in tow to see him over their virginal daughter slowly taking her ‘innocence’.”