Being sexy isn't difficult( Chapter 10)

Jessica’s POV

I glanced up and saw the group of boys that were watching me. I pulled my vest top down trying to make it cover my bum, but the fabric snapped right back into its original position stubbornly clinging to the few curves that I had. I pulled my blackberry out and called Nala for the hundredth time but her phone was switched off. I tugged at my side fringe and try my best to shove the hair behind my ear but it refused to cooperate and slowly swayed in front of me.I groaned letting out my frustration and checked my phone yet again , to see if she had called me back.

I rummaged through my bag and tried to find the business card for the cab service that mum normally uses, but I couldn’t find it. I rubbed the sides of my pink vans together to soothe an itch and once again pulled my vest top down. The humidity was making me feel groggy; I shook my white tie crop top to let some air in a picked off a bit of fluff that sat on my leggings.

I had been standing outside Nala’s (best friend) house for about forty minutes. Nala had texted me telling me to meet her there but no one was home. This really annoyed me. Nala knows how stressful it’s been for me lately, I’m still trying to get my head around everything .I didn’t even want to go out today, but I hate saying no so I made the effort .She had texted me fifteen minutes ago telling me she was on her way when she was supposed to be there already.

 Dirty South (uh-huh)

Can you all really feel me (feel us)

East coast feel me (feel us)

West coast feel me

Dirty south (say what)

Can you all really feel me (huh)

Are you that somebody – Aaliyah

ME: Hel…

ADAM: Listen Jess, if Tyler calls you make sure you don’t pick up

And make sure he doesn’t find out where you are cause I kin…

TYLER: IS THAT HER

GIVE ME THE PHONE

ADAM: Ay man lo…

TYLER: GIVE ME THE F*CKING PHONE

My heart started pounding.

 I find it hard to find words that describe what it’s like when Tyler’s angry, he’s worse than Courtney, almost as bad as Cole was. It’s like when he gets angry he blocks out everything and everyone. He focuses on whatever he’s angry at and attacks. He’s never hit me before but I know what he’s capable of. I don’t know why he’s angry and I don’t know if I’m the cause but it’s not like Tyler will give me time to ask questions.

I could hear his heavy breathing. I pictured him rocking back and forth in my head, punching his palm, like he always does.

ME: He Hello

TYLER: where are you

ME: Na la’s

TYLER: I swear if you aren’t there when I reach I’m going to break your f*cking neck

He hung up. I stared at my phone in horror and clung onto my side. I hadn’t realised that I was shaking.

Scared, that wasn’t enough. Scared doesn’t even begin to describe the emotion that was surging through me.If I was scared that wouldn’t be a problem, as I’d at least be able to describe what I felt. I couldn’t describe it but it was like I couldn’t move or think straight, I was numb. The thought of Tyler knowing half of things I get up to scared me to death.  Him knowing I was pregnant just wasn’t an option I didn’t have an imagination broad enough to think of what he’d say, what he’d do.