We'll Carry On 6

(Danae's POV)

I wanted so badly to tell Non about the court order Rick's lawyers filed. They had seen the press conference and now knew that Non was pregnant. They were asking for a DNA test. Frank had a bunch of the best lawyers working to get the ruling overturned.

The doorbell rang interrupting my thoughts and I got up to answer it. "Can I help you?" I said to the woman she was about my height with light brown skin like Non's. in fact she had eyes like Non's too.

"I...Yes...Is Nonnie Woods... I mean Nonnie Iero in?" she asked in a timid voice.

"Whose asking?" she wasn't getting anywhere near Non if she was who I thought she was.

"I'm her...Her mother." She said.

"Oh...I'll see..."

"We haven't been on the best of terms since she left home in high school. I saw the press conference on TV. I've been looking for her for a long time now. I just wanted to make sure she and the baby were okay." she pleaded.

"She and the baby are fine." I said, and started to close the door. I knew that Non wouldn't want to see her.

"Can I...Do you think she'll see me?"

"The Baby?"

"No, My daughter. Do you think my daughter will talk to me?" I bit back the cruel response I wanted to give. Non had told me why she had to leave her mother's home, but this woman in front of me didn't look like she was capable of that.

"Why don't you give me your number and maybe when she's feeling better she'll give you a call." That really was the best I could do, after the baby was born I'd give the number to Non and let her decide if she wanted to see her mother again or not. "Wait here and I'll go get some paper and a pen for you to write it on." I pushed to door up leaving it slightly ajar. Then went into the living room and got some paper.

"Who is it?" Non asked,

"Oh its just some fire men they were asking for donations," I lied.

"Are any of them cute?" she asked.

"No Mrs. Iero." I said with I smile.

"Hey I can still look right?" she laughed.

"I'll make sure Frank knows that." Then I left her and went back to the door.

"Hi Frank," I heard her mother say.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he asked, I could tell right then he hated her.

"I just wanted..."

"I don't care leave and if I see you around here again call the police." Then he came into the house and slammed the door behind him.

"Was that really necessary?" I asked him.

"You don't know her like I do. If she comes back call the cops."

"She's just worried about Non,"

"No she's worried about what she can get from Non,"

"She may have changed."

"People like her don't change trust me. Don't tell Non she was here." he ordered. I cocked my head to the side. "Please," he added.

"I wasn't going to, but you can't keep all these things from her. I mean she's getting more stressed out not knowing."

"I'm only keeping one thing..."

"Yeah, but its one big thing. What if you lose the case and they can't get the ruling overturned?" he was silent. "You have to tell her."