We'll Carry On 4

(Danae's POV)

We looked all over the place for the perfect dress. Not that Nonnie was too concerned in the matter. "I'm as big as a house, nothing is going to hide that." she said after looking at the third dress. Finally she wouldn't try on anymore so we chose a simple cream baby doll dress, it flowed out over her stomach and all the way to the floor in the back it had a long train. We got some cream ballet flats for her to wear and took her to the hair dresser where they gave her some wavy curls that would fall down around her shoulders once it was unwrapped.

"That was so much fun," she said sitting down on the couch. I grabbed my purse and sat down. "You know those men have been keeping me hostage here in this house."

"Oh stop exaggerating, they are just making you do what the doctor said." Ray said taking the last seat on the couch. The doorbell rang and I got up to answer it. A man stood there with a bouquet of flowers.

"I'm looking for Nonnie Wood's." he said.

"What is it?" Non asked standing up and walking over to the door.

"You've been served." He said taking out an envelope and handing it too her. She took it from his hand, "Sign here and have a nice day,"

"I've been summoned to testify at Rick's appeal," she said. "For the defense."

"They can't make you do that. Can they?" I asked.

"It's a summons if I don't go I could be held in contempt and go to jail." She looked down at her hands.

"I got mine, a month ago." I said.

"Danae why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't want you to worry about the appeal."

"No this morning you should have told me."

"I was working on figuring out a way not to go."

"If you do please tell me, 'cause he doesn't know I'm pregnant."

"How does he not know you're pregnant?"

"It's not like I call him and have conversations. I haven't seen him since..."

"Okay, that's enough about that." Ray said. "How long do you think the guys are going to be gone?"

"Not long," Frank said coming into the living room, "What's wrong?" he said looking between Non and me. I told him about the letter, while Non shot me evil glances.

"Nonnie Woods why weren't you going to tell me about this?" Frank asked.

"Cause I wasn't going to go." She said.

"So you were going to get your self arrested?" Gerard said.

"If that's what it took, yes." She said.

"Nonnie that's ridiculous." Frank said.

"I'm not going to be able to do it. I can't." she said, "And none of you or any court can make Me." with that she got up and went upstairs.

"Non..." Frank started. Then he gave up and sat down next to me on the couch. The other guys just stood there watching the whole thing happen. Frank held an envelope in his hand.

"Frank what's that?" I asked.

"The results."

(Frank's POV)

I sat down in the lounger and played with the envelope in my hands. "Well Frank are you the father?" Gerard said in a mock show host voice. I just rolled my eyes at him. "I'm just trying to lighten the mood."