Chapter 13: Ditching the Party

When Michiru stood out of the limo, the first thing she noted was the security. All along the parapets of nearby buildings as well as along Tokyo Tower were black suited men, each adorned with the different ties that showed their respectable ranks. Even inside the many adjacent hotels were similar suited men, gazing down from their dimly lit rooms to the already ongoing party outside. Lastly, there were bodyguards clustered along the entrance and inside of the tower all adorning blood red ties. Saying that security was heavy was an understatement— the entire DD seemed to be present. This didn't stop the media though. All along the sides, being held back by Unit Four members were newscasters and paparazzi trying to get as much information and pictures from the arriving guests.

"Kaioh-sama doesn't want another accident to happen," Saiki replied from behind her.

Michiru glanced around for a sign of sandy blonde hair. "Is my father here already?"

"He shouldn't be. The guests were given earlier times to arrive so that when he and Morimoto-sama comes out, there won't be anyone in their way going into the building. If there is another shooting tonight, they don't want casualties regarding the guests... they'd rather prefer taking the bullets themselves."

The aqua haired girl nodded. Knowing her father... yes, he would rather do that.

As she began walking forward, she felt Muro brush her side as he walked in front of her and simultaneously felt Saiki walk a stride behind her. All along the sides, some Unit Four ranked DD members closed in on her as well, the whole thing reminding her of the night of the sniping. Inside, she felt a shaky nervous feeling similar to that night. She desperately wished Haruka was by her side. It would have relieved her far more than a hundred DD members circling her like vultures...as protective as their gesture may have seemed.

"Ara, you'll scare all the guests away at this rate," she joked, futilely masking the nervousness she felt.

"Oh, this order came straight from Commander Tenoh," Saiki explained. "It was only ordered for family members and top Sony executives so the other guests won't be subjected to this."

Michiru nodded absentmindedly as they finally moved into the entrance of the elevators. When all three of them entered it, the crowd of bodyguards dispersed back to their original posts, the elevator closing shortly thereafter.

The violinist moved to the back of the elevator and pressed her leather coat closer to her. She wore a light blue evening gown that hugged her proportions in the perfects places. It was held up on her creamy shoulders by spaghetti straps and her dainty feet were held up by four inch high, open toed heels. It was simple, to say the least, but looked very elegant and refined on her.

She took a small glance outside at the amazing view, but looked passed it. Her mind would not let go of a fleeting image of her dashing bodyguard.

If anyone were to tell her only two weeks ago that she would be so needy of another's affection...she who was independent in every sense and was too busy to even give boys a second look.. she would've scoffed and laughed loudly despite of how unladylike it might have be. And yet, here she was fighting with herself as to whether or not she should ask the too nice bodyguard standing in front of her if a certain blonde was coming tonight or if she would have to go another lonely night without her presence.

Michiru sighed. Needy was right. She looked away from the scenery into a worried Saiki's face.

"Are you feeling alright?" he asked with genuine worry. "You seem so out of it today."

Michiru smiled and nodded. "Just a lot in my mind."

The young man nodded understandingly. "Yeah, this whole thing is sort of nerve wracking. I don't know why there's a need for another celebratory party so soon since—