Chapter 11: Stormy Weather and Emotions

It was a too cold night. The rain was pounding the windows outside and the occasional thunder shook the house terribly. Judging by the nanosecond that passed after the thunder accompanied the lightning, it was close and stirring up quite the storm, literally.

Through it all, Haruka couldn't sleep.

It's been a couple of hours since Michiru had slept in her arms and through the passing hours, minutes, and seconds, Haruka had been awake and beating herself up badly because of how much she was enjoying the feel of the younger girl in her embrace. It wasn't supposed to be like this. She wasn't supposed to feel so content! There were many things so wrong with this picture…

She's been going through the up and down conversation that they've had just a few hours back and she couldn't help but feel sad and confused. After each day she spent with Michiru her resolve and feelings for her had only gotten bigger. She never knew the other girl could be so open… going as far as voluntarily and rather forcibly sleeping with her. She went through the short amount of time they had spent together and grinned at the thought of their initial meeting and smiled as, when the days went by, she realized that they've grown closer and closer. In this short amount of time, she had made friends with the woman she fell in love with years ago. It may have been petty, on her part, to begin with. Who in the world liked someone from hearing mere stories and looking at pictures of them? Yet here she was, embracing said girl that she had madly fallen in love with and feeling sadder than she's ever felt in her life.

A few words passed through her mind that basically summed up her feelings quite easily. First was unrequited. Michiru: rich billionaire's daughter, heir to the fortune, prodigy, and girliest girl in the planet would never return her feelings regardless of how good their friendship may become. Second was forbidden. While her surrogate father was more than happy and supportive to know what her feelings are, that doesn't mean her other superior would be. She's never seen the male Kaioh thrown into anger… the same exact reason why she never wanted to try to test his patience in the first place.

Add enough fuel to the fire… she shuddered involuntarily. There was no doubt in her mind. If it came to his daughter… He would kill me. And Yuriko-san… she would feed me to a school of piranhas. She didn't know where that thought came from, but decided to keep going along with it. Akira-san would kill me, his wife would chop me up and feed me to a school of piranhas and Michiru… She'd hate me…wouldn't she?

At that exact moment, the violinist turned from her back to face the blonde and suddenly, Haruka knew why she fell in love in the first place. Deep aquamarine tresses fell softly down the shorter girl's porcelain face while her small, soft lips curled into a content smile. Her arms had managed to sneak their way around Haruka's waist, hugging her comfortably all the while placing her face only a couple inches away from the other's face. The blonde smiled softly and grazed her fingers over the shorter girl's soft cheeks.

Why can't I just get rid of these feelings for you? The world would be so much easier to live in… Not worth to live in… but at least easier…

She sighed and continued on through the list all the while enjoying the beautiful view in front of her. Third… taken. A pang of pain involuntarily shot through her heart making her gulp.

"You won't want me forever you know," she whispered softly. Michiru merely slept on. "You'll want this guy you're hurting for someday and when that time comes, you won't need me anymore. Whoever he is, he won't turn you down. The first guy you set your eyes on will be the luckiest guy on earth. You'll know it, he'll know it and the whole world will know it. That's why he'd be pretty stupid to let you go… But, he'd be pretty stupid to think that I'll go without a fight too. I'll just go when you won't need me anymore and I want to hear that straight from you." Haruka closed her eyes momentarily, sighed, and looked away. Maybe being thrown into a pool full of piranhas wouldn't be so bad. She smiled ruefully and turned so that her back was to the mattress and Michiru to her side. "If only I can say this to you when you're actually awake to hear it… But really Michiru, I am a coward… And in the end, it doesn't really make sense to have a cowardly bodyguard."