chapter 4

Chapter 4

Shivering, she was walking through the snow that covered the earth. The snow went up to her knees, drenching her jeans. Her arms were wrapped around her as she was trying to keep all the warmth that she could. Her teeth were chattering, and her lips were chapped. Her legs were starting to feel numb. They were shaking and she collapsed onto the icy cold snow. Leslie began to call for help hoping that someone would hear her and come to her rescue. She was the type of person who didn't want help but she knew that this time she wouldn't be able to survive without someone. "Blake," she called out. "Help me."

She closed her eyes waiting for death to find her. Her breathing started to slow as her body temperature was dropping. She heard the sound of something whimpering. Whatever it was it sounded close. Did Blake come to her rescue? Leslie opened her eyes and saw gold eyes staring intently at her. She scrambled to her feet and backed away from the black wolf. The wind picked up and she tried to block the wind from her face. The wolf whimpered once again, this time begging for her to follow. Shakily, she nodded and tracked through the deep snow.

Her eyelids fluttered as she felt herself slipping into the moonlight. She was exhausted and couldn't move any further. Leslie knelt in the snow; her will to survive was coming to an end. Whimpering, the wolf nudged her shoulder, begging her to get up.

"I can't," She whispered to the wolf.

It nudged her again and whimpered once more.

"Just let me die," she whispered.

The black wolf closed its eyes then howled to the moon. She closed her eyes welcoming death.

Leslie woke up from her nightmare covered in sweat. She held her hand over her heart feeling the staccato beat of it. She ran her fingers through her hair and sighed before pulling her knees to her chest. "Why can't I sleep?"

She contemplated taking something to help her sleep but after the dream she didn't want it to haunt her if she fell asleep. Her gaze drifted over to her running shoes. "Guess I'll start my run early today."

^*^*^*

"What do you think you were doing man? Are you trying to expose us?"

No, I just wanted to see how perceptive she is. He said through mind link.

"That wasn't a smart move Cole," he said. "You could've jeopardized everything you've been planning. Next time you should think things through before you go running around trying to get her to notice you!"

Cole's hackles rose and he exposed his razor sharp teeth. Don't you dare speak to me like that!  He growled. You are not in charge here, I am.

"I'm only saying this as your friend and Beta. You know that right?"

Cole relaxed and stepped back from Ty. He didn't realize that he was towering over his confidant . I'm sorry about that. You know how I get. When it comes to her I can't just sit by and let him attempt to take her from me. I need to make my move before it's too late.

"Cole, we still have some time. We should plan some things out before-."

NO! I don't have any time left. It's time that I make my move. I'm going to kill him before he has a chance to lay a finger on her again. She's mine.

"Cole, come on. You never think things through. Remember the last time that we tried this and it failed because you didn't know what you were doing."

I know what I'm doing.

Before Ty had a chance to change his mind he took off towards the secluded neighborhood. He wanted to see his beautiful angel.