Getting to Darren

Chapter 3:

Now, we locked the Spades up in our prison, the most inescapable place on the planet earth! The bars were made of pure steel, with some hidden cameras and mics that pick up any plans to escape. We also have electrical fences around the whole place, which to get through you need a special bracelet that only I have control of distributing. So of course when I entered the prison room Darren and his team were sitting in the cell. Still dazed from the drugs. I nodded at one of the guards and she took out her key and unlocked the un-pickable locks on the cell door. I entered.

Darren looked at me first, his emerald green eyes locked onto mine, without any easy to read emotion. Emerald green eyes!? Why am I thinking about his eyes! Oh man… I motioned for him to stand and he obeyed, I glanced towards the door silently telling him he needed to leave. He followed my gaze and groggily strolled out of the cell. I followed, and the prison guard locked the door behind me. Darren entered the first door he saw, when I didn’t object he walked in and sat at the table in the middle of the room. I spoke first.

“So Darren, how do you like it here so far?”

“Really Krypt! You removed all of our pinkey fingernails, and it hurts like heck! How do you think I like it here so far?” he forcefully said.

“The trackers where in there, I promise you we didn’t enjoy it any more than you did Darren.” I said calmly.

“Yeah, well, still.” He continued.

“Still what Darren?”

“Nothing.”

“No Darren, you can tell me. Besides you know better than anyone that we have truth serum.”

“Then just inject me with it!!!!!!”

“No, not yet. You need to trust me Darren. You are soon going to become part of us, along with your team. You need us.”

“What you think just because you have all this already that me and my team can’t be successful!?”

“Exactly Darren…exactly.”

No response came, so we just sat there. Saying nothing, I was just waiting for him to respond. Yet finally, after what seemed to be like an hour. He spoke.

“What color are your eyes Krypt?” he asked, unexpectedly.

“What color…? What?!” I exclaimed.

“You heard me Krypt, what color are your eyes. I’m trying to decide if they are blue, green, silver, or gray?  What color?”

I hadn’t really looked in a mirror since the rebellion. I never paid attention to that kind of stuff. My hair is brown, and my skin was tan. Except it is paler now from being underground so much. Yet, what color were my eyes? I really had no idea.

“Whatever color you want them to be Darren.” I answered plainly, “But that is beside the point! Tell me everything you know about Solitude Spade!” (Solitude Spade was the current ruler of the world)

“Eeeeh, I don’t know. I’m kind of tired.” He said with a yawn.

“Tired? TIERD!!!!!!! See I told you your rebellion wouldn’t be successful! I run on about two hours of sleep MAX every day! And you Darren! You! Say you are tired!? Suck it up you wimp! And answer my question!” I burst out.

His face was pale; he seemed unable to find words. Maybe I should have left him alone but this was the rebellion we were talking about here. Our chance to gain freedom from Spade! And the whole world might be at his fate. But he can’t give me information, because he is tired. I think it kind of balances out.

“Okay Krypt. Whatever you want.” And just like that, he coughed it all up.