Back to Base

Chapter 2:

                Of course, the ride back to base wasn’t so smooth. Once we got all of Darren’s team on our copter we had to check them for tracking devices. We ran their bodies through full scan. Found a tracker in all of them, under their pinkey fingernail.

                So of course we had to remove it, but had to keep injecting drugs for the pain and to keep them knocked out. Also it didn’t help that we had to zig and zag all around to confuse our trackers. Then when we finally got them removed, we dropped some in the river with little floatation devices attached and some we tied to balloons (that said SPADE WILL BE STOPPED) and let them out into the breezy night. That should confuse those meatheads!

                The copter landed on a plateau in the middle of the outback and we drug out Darren and his team of five out in body bags and over to the big boulder. Misty took off to go park the copter in its underground hanger as we dropped the bags. Karmin, my right hand girl took out her laser gun and burnt a square into the side. The piece of the boulder dropped out and revealed the keypad. I gingerly took off my leather glove and entered the combination. Karmin took out a pill and placed it in the hole where she cut a square. I spit on it and it fizzed as it grew into a piece of rock that filled the hole, like nothing was there. The boulder moved backwards, revealing a long tube that shot down into our base. We dropped the body bags into the tube and my team hopped in after.

                When we landed on the hard packed dirt ground I breathed in the sweet smell of the underground. The tunnel was pitched black, making it difficult for intruders to enter easily. That’s one of the reasons why we are so successful. We all knew this hall like the backs of our hands; we had navigated through it so many times. My team and I all grabbed a body bag and slung it over our shoulders, for we were very strong. And still are.

I led the team, carrying Darren’s body bag. He was an easy load comparing to all the thugs we drug down here in the past. I turned sharply left, and then right, knowing all the booby traps we had hidden in this dark and deadly hall. When we finally reached the end there was a wooden door we made out of wooden crates of supplies the Gathering Team brings in. I knocked on the door five times (the first three fast, last two slow) and the door opened. The light flooded the tunnel, forcing my pupils to dilate, making my sight fuzzy for a bit. Then when my sight was fully adjusted I was greeted by many helpful girls in my rebellion. I didn’t know all of their names but tried to nod or greet all of them. This was difficult considering there were about 350 in the entry room all waiting for my team to arrive back from our mission.

The Med Team rushed over first, and started to coral my team into the Meds room straight ahead about 20 feet to the right. The head nurse Mickey I knew, she ordered the Prison Keeping Team to my right in the corner to take the body bags and take them to their cells. Next she turned to me.

“A little change in the mission Krypton?” she said sarcastically with an eyebrow raise.

“Sure” I shrugged my shoulders, “we captured six Spades, one of whom is Darren. Who is starting to prove to be, changing his mind.”

“Ah, I see.” She said plainly, “Now let’s go get you fixed up, you are absolutely ragged Krypton!”

“No, things to do, people to press. No time for me. Get my team fixed up they are worse than me, I just have a couple of scratches and bruises. Nothing to worry about.” I demanded. She got the hunch and walked off towards the Meds Room. Now, it is time for me to see about these Spades.