Change in Plans

Chapter 1:

                As our now invisible copter flew over the wreck scene I realized we had all made it back except for Krisy and Lauren, and nobody had even seen her since we were dropped off. Yet that was to worry about later, so we thought. The thing we were now concerned about was Darren’s sanity! We looked out the window of the big copter and saw him lying on the ground. The classic Spader assigned Thompson in hand, shooting all of the Spades (not on his team) in the head. Killing every one of them! As his team stood by, astonished and watched. When all of the Spades were on the ground in an ever-growing pool of blood and mud, he collapsed on his knees and buried his head in his brother’s body. Whom we had evidently killed, somehow.

                “STOP!” I shouted.

                “But Krypton! More Spades will be coming soon, we need to get outta here!” shouted our pilot Misty.

                “What do you think Misty! That I’m an idiot!? I know that! Just obey my orders, and we will be out of here in just a bit. Darren may have some valuable information for us. He seems like he would be willing to give it this time.” I answered.

                “Yes mam’.” replied Misty.

                I opened the latch on the door in the side of the copter’s body and kicked out the ladder. I nodded to my wide eyed team knowing what they were thinking, “Her mind has finally been lost”. I descended down the ladder quickly reaching the muddy body littered ground and  casually walked past Darren’s team to him. Grabbing him by the back of the shirt I pulled him up, as I did this I heard his team scramble for their guns, but they wouldn’t shoot me. He gave in and stood, probably thinking I was one of his team, but no. I winked at him and his bloody face went stone cold. I motioned my head to his team telling him to call them off. He raised hand and waved it in their general direction holding my stare. I spoke first.

                “Finally come to your senses D?” He didn’t answer. “I said, are you finally dropping the government gig? Admit it! Your father was wrong, crazy, insane! Your mother, she was okay, too bad she had to die, and your brother, tsk tsk. Shouldn’t have gotten in our way.” I said, that got to him.

                “YOU IDIOT! Don’t you realize! We were forming a rebellion! Better than yours! Tougher! Stronger! Better equipped! But no Krypton! You had to get things done too fast! You are so impatient! You killed my only family I had left! My best friend! He was our leader!” He screamed in my face.

                “Well congrats, you’re the leader of your own failure of a rebellion!”

                He snapped, he pulled out his knife in his boot and lurched towards me. Perfect. I grabbed his arm and spun in circle twisting it and pounding his wrist on my knee. He dropped the knife and with my teeth I ripped open the velcro pouch on my right bicep and bit down on the blade of my own knife. Throwing my head back I threw it in the air, his team stood in awe and watched it sparkle in the full moon’s light. I caught it with my free hand and held it to his neck.

                “Now, can we reason this out.” I calmy whispered, he nodded. “Okay, now, we are gonna need some information from you for this to work out. We take you and your team back to our place, and you tell us everything you know about Spade. We will shelter, feed, and protect you, I hope you realize that you need that desperately right now. Also if you do not cooperate we will….well need I explain?”

                “Fine. I guess I really have no choice.” He grumbled. Obviously he could be up to something so I pressed the button on my knife’s handle and he watched it disintegrate into a needle. I stabbed his neck and jammed in the drugs and he collapsed as the rest of his team did. Where his team had stood my team now stood with the same needles in their hands as me.

                “Alright D, let’s go back to base” I said with a smile towards my team. We successfully pulled it off.