Chapter Seventeen.

I'm really sorry it took me so long to upload :( I've had coursework piled on and was down my grandparents on the weekend, so I haven't had time to write or upload so sorry it's short as well but hopefully the next upload will be quicker :)

Kim :D

Chapter seventeen.

Alex was visiting his father today, he was starting to get better. I was going to go with him, but I didn't want to impose on time with his father. I thought he should have that special time with his dad. He had left thirty minutes ago and I was still waiting for him to come back, I was sitting on the edge of my bed looking out the window onto the front garden. I had five days left, and most of them would be spent worrying about Alex's father which wasn't the best way to end a great summer, but I had no choice and I couldn't be selfish I had to support Alex the best I could.  

I thought about all our time together, the walks on the little beach, when he said he loved me, when he stole my drink and the shoes he got my for my birthday, I looked down at the shoes on my feet they were still bright white, I loved them.  

"hey" Alex said in the doorway, I hadn't seen him come up the drive although I had been looking at my feet for about ten minutes.  

"hey, you okay?" he shrugged his shoulders, he then sat on the bed next to me.  

"Ellie I can't do this anymore" he said looking at the floor, what couldn't he do? 

"what?"  

"I can't be with you while my dad is like this and the fact that your leaving in less than a week makes it even worse" a single tear rolled down his face and I felt myself breaking. He was breaking up with me. I don't wanna stay here anymore, I was ready to go. He leant over and kissed my cheek.  

"I'll miss you" he whispered in my ear.  

"I'll miss you too" I sighed. And I would miss him, he was a big part of my life now. I could really use my friends right now.  

He let go of me and left without a word. I sat still, looking out the window I didn't want to move. My mum came into the room, and coughed when she saw I didn't look at her I still kept gaze out the window.  

"honey are you okay?" she said sitting next to me and putting her hand on top of mine. I nodded, I really didn't want to talk about it. She realised that and left. I felt my face get wet, I was crying. I lay on the bed and put my face in the pillow. I dozed off.

Alex p.o.v

I broke up with her because I'm not man enough to follow my heart. I sat in my room and cried, I didn't want to break up with her but I had to, I couldn't leave my life here to follow my heart and go with her. Why was I such an idiot! What if she finds someone back home in England, I will lose her for life. And I don't want that. I wish I could go back to when I was six, everything was easier then. I looked at the photo on my desk, her and me, the best time of my life! The smile on her face, the glisten in her eye all made my heart melt, then and now. She hasn't changed much, she's still the same old Ellie. I'm glad she hasn't changed because that's the way I like her, actually that's the way I love her. I love her so much. I had to find a way to keep her mine but there was no way. I got up and walked to her room, I peeped my head around the door, she was laying with her face in the pillow. 

"Ellie?" I said, no answer she must be sleeping. I let her sleep and left the room.