Undercover Princess Mia : Chapter Thirty One

I entered the massive room which was adorned with plush carpets, an enormous chandelier suspended right from the centre of the ceiling and luxurious sofa sets. Zen was already present there chatting and working his charm on various fashion designers. Shopping with Zen meant that in the palace itself, designers from all over the world displayed their designs in this huge room. Whether it was a new designer or an already successful one in the industry, it was a chance of luck. The dresses which I selected determined the designer's fate in the industry. Whichever dresses I accepted, it would boost the respective designer's career.

I barely went shopping in stores to avoid the hassle of public attention. All that I needed was exhibited in the palace and I didn't even had to step out of the palace for anything except for fresh air.

The place consisted of racks and racks of clothes of different fabric, shape, colour and design, all neatly arranged to skim through easily. There was separate stands of innumerable shoes ranging from flats to heels and even dainty accessories was laid down which included earrings, necklaces, bracelets, chokers, clips, rings and many more finely made from gold, platinum, diamonds and other gems like rubies and emeralds. Every product was glistening and appearing luminous under the thousand lights which was fit to illuminate an entire town. So much waste of electricity among many other things which made me feel guilty although I was raised up to take pride in our wealth.

The designers were smiling widely at me as I also noticed some hour-glass figure models. All of them in bowed at me respectfully and I nodded, politely smiling back.

Zen was beside me within minutes to torture and tease me. His hand was placed on the small of my back as he led me ahead. Honestly, I loved shopping because it was lovely to touch the smoothness of the expensive materials. It wasn't like when you're a princess, you become a saint and immune to materialistic possessions.

However, shopping with Zen was completely the opposite as he couldn't keep his hands to himself. The world still didn't know that Zen was my fiance, but today, I was sure he would make everyone believe that we were actually engaged, married even.

The designers presented their dresses and shoes, all keen to sell me their pieces of great work. I listened to them attentively and then I noticed a young girl, she would be in her early twenties. She somehow resembled my sister, Emma with her long brunette hair, glowing skin and slim figure. She looked the youngest out of all, but I could see the determination evident on her face. I slowly walked towards her and ran my hand on the dresses she created.

"Miss.Willa," I read her name tag and she bit her bottom lip nervously. I looked closely towards the dresses and they were fabulous. I quietly nodded at her and moved ahead briskly. After some time of skimming through the dresses, mum came in and dismissed the designers.

"Mia, now you can try on these dresses and keep the ones which you like aside. Also, remember to pick one decent, grand gown for the rally. At least the people should know what to expect from the next queen," mum spat out the last line with so much venom because Emma was always supposed to be the queen, not me. My hands balled into fists as I suppressed my rage. She smiled wickedly and then stormed out of the room, leaving Zen and me all alone.

I furiously grabbed the nearest pair of shoes and dress to try on. All the dresses were difficult to wear since they were heavy and tight which was essential for my rally. Mother knew it very well that I would need somebody to make me fit into these dresses. I asked her if Anne or any of the maids could accompany, but she clearly denied. I was on a date and so Zen would be helping me out. What kind of mother actually tried to initiate her children getting frisky with men?

I was no way parading around naked with Zen beside me, so I came here prepared well. Zen eyed me curiously as I stripped out of my clothes, which left me in a thin, black tank top and tight, skinny, black leggings, so there wouldn't be difficulty in slipping into the dresses, nor would I show much skin, but they were quite tight and easily accentuated my curves.

"You look hot, but I would have liked you in less," he said and a wily grin stretched across his lips as his eyes swept over my body. I rolled my eyes as he helped me into one of the dresses, his hands lingering everywhere. I swatted his hand away, but he snaked his hands around my waist and pulled me towards him.

My back was pressed against his front as his warm breath fanned against my neck.

"Scared, princess?" he whispered and I grimaced while quickly shoving him away.

"Keep your hands to yourself asshole," I muttered and ignored his presence as he laughed devilishly.

I tried some more dresses, all were gorgeous, but not so much according to my taste. Even though I wanted to finish this shopping with Zen quickly, I couldn't pick anything randomly since it was for the rally. All the people of England were going to see me and I had to be properly presented even at the cost of being with Zen the entire evening.

One moment he would sincerely help me fit into the dresses making me believe him and the next moment he would be grabbing my ass.

I had a nasty scowl on my face and his own eyebrows drew into a deep frown. I was wiggling out of one of the heavy gowns that I had tried on earlier. I had successfully pushed it down till my waist and that was when I started laughing loudly.

Zen was right behind me as he tickled me continuously. I couldn't stop laughing although I was so mad at him. I tried to push him or even run away from him, but he chased me and continued tickling.

"Zen, sto-stop!" I shrieked with laughter and he chuckled.

"You should chill especially around me since I'm your future husband," he declared and I shook my head frantically, although I was still laughing.

"No, n-never!"

He wouldn't stop even when I begged and I had to somehow get rid of him. I thrashed in his arms and while trying to kick him, I tripped on my own lacy gown and fell flat on the floor. This caused my heels to stick out from under my long gown and Zen too tripped on it and fell on top of me. My face was pressed against the floor while I was getting crushed as a heavy body lay on my back.

My cheeks was pressed against the cold floor, tears rolling down my cheeks due to laughter and my limp arms spread on my sides tiredly. This still didn't stop that idiot as I panted and laughed. My body was aching as my laughter reverberated around the huge room

And that was the time when the large door of the room creaked open. I looked up giggling as a tall figure stood there. My eyes travelled up his legs and body, wide, deep blue eyes locking into mine. My laughter died down when I discovered that it was none other than Noah.