Undercover Princess Mia : Chapter Ten

Poke poke.

I groaned and gently slapped the hand of somebody away from my cheeks. I pulled the blanket up till my chin and snuggled in the comfort of my huge, brown teddy bear.

Poke poke.

I rolled over my bed and placed the teddy bear on top of my cheeks, so that nobody could poke there now. I felt somebody's hand hovering over my face and I swatted it away.

Poke poke, now on my forehead!

My eyes were still shut and I didn't bother to open it. I knew who it was!

"Kyle, I'm sleeping now. Go down and tell Katy to make pineapple pudding. Hurry up, the pudding is waiting for you," I murmured and suprisingly everything turned silent and as calm as the ocean.

Usually Kyle would go all excited and enthusiastic. He would squeal 'yay' or 'yipee' in delight and run downstairs.
But silence? Well, this was new. The poking still continued on my forehead and I grumbled.

"Kyle darling, do you want my kissy-kissy?"

I raised my hands high up, wiggling my fingers creepily and puckered my lips like a gold fish, laying flat on my back now.

I heard someone chuckle and froze. Kyle used to always be disgusted and commented 'ew' or 'gross' and used to  run away. My second trick definitely worked for getting longer sleep. But chuckling? This was certainly new!

I immediately opened my one eye and looked all around my black and white room. The moment I looked straight ahead with my eyes half-opened, I felt myself drowning in deep blue. This looked so familiar and comforting, I wondered. I smiled at him while humming peacefully.

Deep blue eyes . . . Dark hair . . . Rosy cheeks . . . Broad chest . . . Strong arms . . . Boy . . . Neighbour . . . Noah!

My eyes fluttered open widely when realization hit me.

"Noah," I whispered groggily while rubbing my eyes from under my glasses. He never came to wake me up or even visit me, only Kyle did from the past two, consecutive weeks. I quickly ran my hand through my hair and sighed. Wig was intact with a lot of pins painfully clinging to my real hair underneath.

I ran my hand through my face, pretending to wipe my drool off and fortunately found my thick-rimmed glasses and loads of tanning cream. I sighed again loudly.

Kyle used to not bother about my pale white skin or my exposed green eyes. For him, I was still Amelia as long as I wore the wig.

But I couldn't really fool his elder brother, could I?

I remembered very well that I had a hot shower yesterday night and cleaned the tanning cream off my skin. I did not particularly remember applying tanning cream again later. I did not even recall wearing those hideous glasses. I mean who goes to sleep wearing glasses? I smiled when I realized who did it for me to hide my precious identity.

Knock knock.

The door creaked open and my smile widened.

"Amelia, your clothes are placed in the bathroom. Quickly freshen up and come down."

I muttered a meaningful 'thank you' to Katy while she just smiled and closed the door behind her, leaving me and Noah alone.

I awkwardly cleared my throat, drummed my fingers on my thigh and asked, "What are you doing here?"

I placed my hands on my hip and looked at Noah who was leaning on the wall, his hands in his pocket. He wore a plain, light grey t-shirt and black jeans. He looked incredibly handsome with his soft, bouncy hair combed neatly, but few strands of his hair falling over his forehead.

"I'm going to take you to school in my car and . . . "

"And?" I asked curiously and he hesitated.

"Will you go out with me?"

"What? Wait, now? I mean er . . .  like . . . is it a date?" I asked dubiously and he shrugged.

I looked at him with wide eyes.

He nodded and noticing my scarlet cheeks, he quickly forced the words out of his mouth, "No, if you don't want to, then it's fine. I just erm . . . mum said that we should spend more time, you know."

He looked so adorable when he was uncomfortable. I giggled, but at the same time I was feeling sorry for him. He ran a hand through his silky hair and in two long strides he stood in front of me. "So will you go out with me?"

"Yeah, o-of course."

I couldn't stop giggling and he took my right hand and kissed my knuckles gently. Immediately, I stopped giggling and blinked rapidly. He let go of my hand and chuckled.

I have been kissed a lot on my knuckles as a sign of respect in the past, but this was different. Maybe it was just a long time ago and I was over thinking.

Snap snap.

"Huh?"

Noah waved his hand in front of my face and cleared his throat. "Penny for your thoughts?"

"N-nothing," I stuttered miserably and mentally face palmed.

"I think I should probably go down. You get ready quickly till then," Noah said and walked towards the exit of the room.

"Uh, yes . . . right. You do that and I will come down in ten minutes."

"Waiting for you, strawberry," Noah said quietly and I looked down shyly.

* * *

"Princess Mia of Britain has reportedly not been seen in England for quite some time. Sources claim that Princess has gone to study culture and religion. As an active philanthropist, we found out that she donated over a million dollars to the Cancer Fund Association which she practically kept underwraps. Such a humble soul, Princess is! This is Kevin Jackson, live on Fox News."

I quickly bit into my sandwich, watching the news channel on television. I could hear all the people in the cafeteria go crazy. All were talking about their dear princess.

Did I forget to tell you that there was a television set in our school cafeteria? The principal wanted us, the students to inculcate some knowledge about the current affairs. The television only allowed news channels and discovery which rarely people saw in our school.

But today, everyone's eyes popped out at the very name of the Princess. The girls were literally screaming and squealing about the princess.

"Princess Mia is soo beautiful, her eyes are killer and oh my god! The last time she attended the Global Charity Fest, she looked so flawless in her red sequence gown!" Jessica 
exclaimed while swaying her hips and looked at her long, neon, orange coloured nails.

All the other girls mused in and shared their opinions which consisted of the Princess's beauty, balls and gowns. I scoffed when all they were mentioning was her gorgeous and attractive looks, nothing else.

"There is something more than beauty alone," I said plainly but loud enough for everyone to hear. All the people stared at me as if I had swallowed a moth right in front of them. There was dead silence in the entire cafeteria.

Jessica sulked and the other girls too looked displeased. The twins, Anne and Marya too frowned in displeasure. Ginger scanned me curiously and I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Do you even know for how many magazines she posed for?" a girl from the farthest corner yelled, as if challenging me and I gave a sardonic laugh.

"I know her better than I know myself," I snapped back at her and hurriedly got up to walk out of the cafeteria, without even glancing back at the astonished and amused crowd.