Undercover Princess Mia : Chapter Nineteen

"Aha, A hero at rescue! Not a bad entry, some thunder bolt sounds would have helped with the background music," Ethan teased and Noah scoffed from beside me.

I asked in a low voice, "You didn't go to the town festival?"

"Do I look like I have gone?"

"No, but why?" I insisted and I could see a weary look on his face.

"I didn't feel like, now would you stop asking questions," Noah snapped at me and I nodded faintly, instantly pursing my lips into a thin line.

"Whatever you do hero, you can never stop from making her mine
forever." Ethan winked at me and the contents in my stomach threatened to spill out. Noah's grip tightened on the gun and his jaw clenched.

"You carry a gun?" I whispered timidly.

"I saw you getting kidnapped so I hurried down with my father's gun---"

"Don't you want to give me another love bite, princess?" Ethan interjected and I scowled. I knew he was indicating to his scar on his forehead. I recalled that day, when he pulled me towards him and struggling to be free, I unintentionally peeled his forehead skin with the sharp edge of my ring. The memory was vivid as it had left a nasty scar on his roguishly handsome face. "Come on hero, let's not waste time. She's quite tired and she would like to come home, won't you?"

"Not even in your dreams," I hissed and before I could count till ten, the fight began. All I could hear was the loud booming of the gun firing and the bullet richocheting from the surface of the cars since we were shooting from behind the protective body of a car and they from behind another car. The team was unequal and unfair. Ethan had one man along with him as well as Donny who continued to shoot even in his injured state. While here, only Noah had a gun and could actually oppose them.

"Amelia, carefully go back to your house and hide," Noah bellowed and I shook my head frantically.

"No, I won't! I'll help you!" I shouted impulsively.

"I said go back to your house, now!" he ordered and loaded his gun.

"No, I got you into trouble so I should stay here and help you!" With that, I picked up the dead man's gun and started shooting gingerly. All the previous memories were now visible right in front of my eyes, but I chose to ignore it. Although I barely contributed anything considering how aimlessly I was firing with no previous experience, it did distract the enemies to a great extent.

"Where did you learn to fire a bullet?" I asked, my voice muffled under the sound of the gun fires.

"I don't know either, I just do," he surprisingly replied. "Maybe video games and virtual reality games paid off."

"That's assuring," I remarked and quickly took cover behind the car to load more bullets which Noah had carried with him.

Suddenly, I heard the noise of a car fast approaching. I glanced at Noah in alarm, my stomach in knots. I didn't know if it was the police or more men from the mafia.

"Don't worry, it's Jack and Katy," Noah said calmly and I sighed in relief.

"How did you call them? I mean when?"

"I called them before coming down here. Thought, might need some help."

Jack and Katy quickly hid behind their own car, their eyes locking with ours. Jack and Noah nodded to each other and I smiled weakly at Katy. I could finally breathe since now we were four and Ethan's team only had three people including him.

Suddenly, I saw the silhouette of three men on a bike and I looked at Jack with a kind of desperation in my eyes, but he shook his head. These weren't our men, these were Ethan's men. Now my theory went completely wrong. It was four versus six. Each of the three men had a shield and a gun resembling some top force officers when they were merely from the mafia. Due to the large metallic shield covering them, they didn't hide behind trees or cars. They had a determined expression on their face as they approached us cautiously, but fearlessly.