Chapter 12

When Colby said it was a remembrance party I figured there would be a few people just chilling and maybe talking over what happened, but no. Instead, there was music blasting so loud you couldnt even hear it, people grinding, weed, and lots of people crying.

I felt like I might as well have been crying. The first thing I heard when I entered the house was 'It's Gayboch! Hey, how've you been, dude?!', and that was only the beginning of it all.

The entire night I've been correcting people. Half the party didnt even know that my last name wasnt actually 'Gayboch'.

That, that is exactly why I didnt want to come. However, the second Colby said it was for Mikey, I agreed. I only agreed because I thought that maybe this would be his way of opening up to me.

I was so wrong.

Instead he left me by myself while he's just talking to a bunch of drunk people while girls hung all over him. It was so gross and I might as well just leave early, I doubt he'd notice anyway.

As I turned to go a scrawny redhead held up what I'm guessing is a blunt between his index finger and his thumb.

"Hey Gayboch, want some?" He asked me.

I smiled before shaking my head no, to that he practically just shoved it in my face telling me 'it'll make you feel better.'

Is it that obvious that I'm upset?

Again, I said no and tried to leave. However, he insisted I try it. I didnt understand why he was so persistent. I'd be glad that someone said no, it would mean more for me.

However, he kept trying to give it to me so I gave in. Theres nothing wrong with just one go at it, I doubt I'll even get high.

"You know what, fine. One puff, then I want you to leave me alone" I said as I took it from him.

I brought it to my lips and a huge smile appeared on his face, showing his yellow teeth. I breathed it in and tried to hold it, but started coughing instantly.

This stuff is disgusting, I dont get how anyone could possibly take interest in this. All it did was my my throat burn because of all the coughing. I—oh.

A wave of relaxation hit me. The song that was playing throughout the house became incredibly slow and I felt oh—I dont know how to explain how I felt, It was only one drag and yet I felt... Awake.

I looked at the redhead and his smile only widened, which I didnt think was possible.

"You like it?" He asked. I only took a second go at it in response. "If you like it then that ones free, if you want more then boy do I got a deal for you!" He pulled out a sandwich bag filled up maybe an 8th of the way? I dont know, fractions arent exactly something I do daily.

I shook my head no because I probably shouldnt take it, besides I'm sure even that much is expensive.

I brought the one I had back up to my lips and when he spoke again I didnt hear what he said, so I laughed in response.

He patted my back and walked away, but I felt him tuck the bag in my back pocket. Before whispering 'you know what, its on the house, bud, but next time I wont he so nice'.

I like how he implied that there would be a next time, I might feel slightly relaxed, but this stuff isnt actually doing crap for me.