Chapter 8

Meaghan’s POV

The doctor told me I can leave today. But I have to take it easy with walking. Basically doing things that involve moving. He wants me to lie down, relax, and feel comfortable. How can I relax when Jake still stalks me and when I’m scared to death if my father comes back? But he does want me to come back to the hospital once a week to see how I’m doing. Apparently I lost a lot of blood. But not enough for me to die, or need blood in me. Weird right? I know. The doctor handed the front desk something, and he handed me a bag.

“What’s this?”I ask him.

“It’s to help with the pain.”He answered.

“Thanks.”

“Any time.” I left and walked towards Taylor. She turned her head and smiled. She ran towards me. She gave me a gentle hug, not trying to hurt me. I hugged her back.

“I was so worried about you.” We released.

“I know. Niall told me. And I had a feeling you were.” I smiled. Niall came over and kissed my cheek. He took my hand and held it, our hands intertwined.

“Look at the lovely couple!”Louis exclaimed.

“Thanks Louis.” I giggled.

“You know him?”Taylor asked me.

“I know of them. I know their names. That’s it.”I explained. “Remember when I showed you that music video? You pointed to Liam and said he was hot.” Taylor blushed. I probably embarrassed her.

“And you pointed to to Niall and said he was hotter.”She snapped back.

“At least he’s all mine.”I said and kissed his check. “Well anyway, that was a One Direction video. And the people you see are One Direction.” I felt someone tap my left shoulder. I turned my head to that direction. No one was there. I turned my head around and saw Niall smiling. I poked his nose.

“Silly goose.” He blushed. “Awe! I made you blush!” He kissed my cheek. Which made me blush.

“Now who’s the one who’s blushing.” I laughed, and so did Niall.

“Can you guys do that stuff somewhere else and not in a frickin hospital!”Zayn exclaimed annoyed.

“We can do what we please.”Niall said. Zayn huffed.

“BOYS! YOU NEED TO GET TO SOUND CHECK! NOW!!” Someone yelled making me jump and hid behind Niall.

“Thanks a lot Paul! You made my Princess scared!”Niall yelled back. He turned around and hugged me. “It’s okay Meaghan. He won’t yell anymore. I’ll make sure of that.”

“Sorry, but Management is going to have your tail if you don’t get your butts there soon!”Paul yelled lower this time. Niall kissed the top of my head.

“Go with Taylor. She’ll take care of you. Where do you guys want to meet?” We released from our hug.

“Um, how about you come to my flat. 123 Park Drive.”Taylor said. Niall nodded his head.

“Let’s go!”Paul yelled again. Niall kissed me. I kissed back. We pulled away after a moment.

“See you soon Princess. I love you.”Niall said before Paul dragged him out. Taylor put her arm around me.

“C’mon! Let’s go get your stuff and bring them to my flat!”Taylor exclaimed.

“Okay. But remember that you said if I date Niall.” The doors flung open and we exited the hospital building. Yes! Ditch the white! “You would date Liam.”

“I’ll ask him out tonight I promise.”

“You better.” We got in her car and she drove off to my flat. I opened the door and ran to my room. I got a bag. I put in all of my good clothes, bra’s and underwear. I got some of my good jewelry. I don’t even hesitate to get my bunny that my mom got me when I was 5. I miss my mom. Things would be different if my dad wasn’t violent. I would have a normal family. But I might’ve not met Niall. So in a way, I’m glad. I ran down the spiral stairs and stood at the front door.

“Ready to go?”Taylor asked me. I shook my head. “You don’t need anything else?” I shook my head.

“Nope. Now let’s go!” I grabbed her wrist and ran out the door. Taylor unlocked the doors and I put my bag in the back. I got in the passenger’s seat, beside Taylor. She smiled. I smiled back. She drove out of the driveway onto the road. I never thought that this day would come true. Leaving that hell hole. But it did.