Chapter 4

Meaghan’s POV

I was on the ground sitting, holding my knees into my chest, head on top of my knees covering my face, facing my abusive father, my back against the corner of 2 walls. I was crying my eyes out of pain. Yelling at my father to stop. He didn’t listen, he never does. He’s at the point of throwing metal plates and cups at me. Each one landed on the wall, falling into millions of pieces on top of me, on my head or around my shattered, broken body. I knew I shouldn’t have come home. I should’ve stayed at the mall with Taylor, Liam and Niall. Niall. Each time I say that name, I see his beautiful ocean blue eyes, bleach blond hair. His nice heart warming smile. It’s to die for. Wait, what am I thinking? I shouldn’t think like this. Not about anyone. I’m broken. Torn. But I do need that someone to help me. Make me feel wanted. It could be Niall, I don’t know. I never did believe love at first sight. But I might now.

I was interrupted in my thoughts by my hair being pulled up, making my head go up, a punch in the jaw and a kick in my side. I wince in pain. He let my hair go. I put my face back on my legs. He kicked me more and more. I’m almost at the point where my body is going numb. It hurts so much, words can’t describe it. So this is it. I’m going to die. A slow, painful, death. I don’t mind though. I always wanted to die. I am worthless. I always wanted to get away from this hell hole anyways.

“I’ll leave you alone to die!”My father yelled. “But keep in mind, no one likes you. You are a worthless piece of shit you cunt!” He kicked me one last time, then the front door flung opened. Revealing police officers. They came inside, held their gun’s up, aiming at my father. They surrounded the place, going in a circle so my dad can’t go anywhere, unless he wants to get shot and die. Wait, who called the cops? How did they get here? I looked at the door, Taylor, Niall, and Liam looking down at me. They look like they are on the verge into tears.

“Get on your knees and put your hands up where I can see them!”An officer ordered my father. He did as he was told. A cop cuffed my dad.

“See you soon you worthless cunt!”My father yelled before he was taken away. Taylor, Niall and Liam all ran up to me.

“Meaghan, are you okay?”They all asked me, before things got dark. 

Taylor’s POV

I paced walking back and forth, impatiently waiting for the doctor or nurse to see if it’s okay for us to go see Meaghan. This is the first time Meaghan had to go to the hospital thanks to her dad. I can’t believe she blacked out! For the first time too! I’m so worried for her. Like honestly, words can’t describe how worried sick I am.

“Taylor. It’s okay. Meaghan is going be okay.”Liam said. I stopped walking and face him.

“You don’t know that! This is the first time she passed out like this!”I exclaimed.

“Sh! Everything is going to be fine. By freaking out like this, it gets it worse. So sit down and just breathe.”Liam told me calmly. I groaned at him. I did it anyway. He is right. Just by waiting, I’m helping. By pacing and swearing under my breath, gets it worse, it doesn’t help.

“Good. She is going to be fine now. And so are you.”Liam said and smiled. I gave him a weak smile. Still a smile right? Still nice to at least do something other than moaning and groaning at him. He helped me to get Meaghan here. He helped to calm be down. Now it’s my turn to do something nice. Wait, what would that be? I can’t be nice, it’ll ruin me! But there is something about Liam that I like. I’m not sure what it is, but it feels something good.

“You guys are friends with Meaghan Smith right?” (A/N: Not my last name.) A nurse wearing all white asked us. Literally, all white. White gown, white heels. Everything, white. We nodded our heads.

“Since there are only 3 of you, I’ll allow all of you to go see her. But you have to be quiet, she’s sleeping. She needs lots of rest. If she does wake up, tell one of the nurses or the doctor.” We all nodded again to show that we are listening. “She’s in room 101.” We all got up and ran into the hall. Looking at the doors which had the room numbers labeled on them. 98, 99, 100, 101. Yes! I found it!

“Boys! I found it!”I yelled, but not loud, or not low. I opened the door quietly and slowly as I can. Stupid door! Why do you have to be squeaky? I looked over at Meaghan to see if she was still sleeping. Good! She was. We all walked in, Niall closed the door, making it squeak again. I sat beside her bed, facing her. I feel so sorry that this had to happen to her. I wish it happened to me and not her. I hate seeing her hurt. That’s one reason why I became bad, to protect her. She’s like my younger sister that’s fragile and needs someone to help her through the bad things in life. It’s my job to make sure she’s safe. I didn’t do a good job at it. I blame myself for her in here. If I left with her out of the washroom at the mall, I’d make sure she wouldn’t leave after the call. So we wouldn’t be here right now.  

I looked at Meaghan. She is covered with wires connected to different machines. Her heart monitor is showing that her heart beat is perfectly fine, but the beeping is very annoying! Constantly. Beep, beep, beep. Urg! Make it stop! Please God, make the beeping stop! Make her strong and healthy. Please, help.

“Please help.”I whispered. A tear rolled down my cheek. I don’t want to wipe it away. Crying will help. Right? I don’t know! I just want to hear Meaghan’s voice again! I put my face on the side of her pillow, hiding my face. Starting to cry, loudly at that. I felt something touch my hand ever so lightly. I shook my hand away, shaking it off.

“D- Don’t cry.”A familiar voice said. I lift my head to see Meaghan staring at me. I wiped my tears with the back on my hands. Trying to be strong, for her, to help her. I sniffled.

“No.”She croaked. “Stop.” I sniffled one last time.

“Sorry.”I told her. She coughed. She scrunched her nose when she saw something red on her hands. Blood. I shot out of the chair. I ran out of the room, looking for a nurse.

“Hey hey! You! Stop!”I yelled at the nurse who allowed us to go in the room.

“What?”She asked.

“Meaghan’s up. She coughed and blood came out.”I explained.

“Thanks.” She called the doctor and a couple of more nurses. We all went to the room. I was about to walk in when a nurse stepped in front of me.

“Sorry you can’t come in; you are going to have to wait.” The boys then came out. Before I could say anything to the lady, she closed the door.

“Damn’it!” I cursed to myself and kicked a wall. Bad idea, it hurt! Now my toe hurts! Fuck! Why did I do that? I walked back to the waiting room and took a seat. Waiting. Why does it have to be her and not me? All I want is for Meaghan to feel better, be healthy. I want her alive.