Chapter 27 - Statements

Chapter 27

Statements

Future Witness Statement One

  “The pain, God the agony, foolishly I had hoped death would be less painful.

   The overwhelming screams of fear and terror gave me the willpower to open my burning eyes. There before me was a scene straight from hell.

   Jared was trying to fight of a tall female, objects were flying all around in the air crashing down around her but she kept jumping out the way just in time.

  One strike from her and he was sent flying through the air like a rag doll, his head slamming against a pillar before he fell to the ground. He would then pull himself up to fight, only to be knocked down again and again.

    Till at last he fell to his knees facing us, his face frightened, pale and defeated. She came up behind him and bit down at the join of his neck, blood gushed everywhere as he convulsed once then fell face first to the ground.

   She looked at us and my blood froze in my veins. It was like looking into a void, there was no emotion, no soul in her eyes.

  Whipping the blood from her chin she grabbed him by the ankles and dragged him off to finish her feast.”

Future Witness Statement Two

  “Though it hurt my eyes to keep them open I could not look away. There was sweet little Rolond running for his life with a giant Tyrii male chasing him down.

   He dodged and weaved out of the monsters grasp but as he was looked behind him to gage the monsters distance he didn't see Geramy’s already fallen body.

   He tripped, and that was all there was to it. He tripped and the Tyrii was on him before I could blink.

   The ripping sound of flesh was horrific, but the terrifying gurgling sound Rolond made was worse. He was still twitching as the giant ate.

   I must have made a sound for he looked straight at me. The devil was in those eyes I tell you.

  He stood up as calm as you please draped Rolond over his shoulder like a sack of flour and grabbed Geramy by the ankle and dragged him off into the darkness.

   I felt for sure that I would be next.”

Future Witness Statement Three

  I saw one of them slamming a rock again and again against someone half hidden behind the altar; a sick wet sound followed each pounding. I could see the poor victims legs jouncing with each blow. When he was finished he threw the bloody rock toward us and started scooping red mush into his mouth.

   As he swallowed he looked around. I don't know why but then he started pulling whomever it was out into the darkness.

  As the body passed at first I thought it was Leira but I didn’t see her bracelets, that’s when I realized it must be Ariel, she must have came up to try and save her cousin.

  A red chunky trail followed her body as she was dragged away.”

 Future Witness Statement Four

 “I saw Griffin trying run out of the circle with Sofi in his arms. I though he was going to make it until suddenly a hand reached out of the darkness grabbing his shirt pulling him from the light, there was screaming and cracking then silence.

   Rose and Ali were huddled against a pillar shacking. Suddenly another bloody hand reached out to grab Rose by the arm, then she just disappeared.

   Ali stretched out her arms trying to reach her but that same murderous hand grabbed hold of her ankle, dragged her kicking and screaming into the night.

   No sooner had she left the light then a loud snapping slurping sound was heard from the night.

 Future Witness Statement Five, Six and Seven with only minor differences.

   “There was a blue one there, not the orange one the legends speak of.

   I have never seen anything so terrifying in my life. It had vicious markings on its face and arms that glowed in the night. Its teeth were all jagged and pointy and when it hissed it spat venom.

   Leira tried to defend herself but there was nothing she could do. The creature punched and kicked at her fallen body spitting on her while Leira screamed in agony.

   Once when it got too close Leira tried to kick it in the face but missed only hitting its shoulder instead, but this only enough to make it hesitate for a minute.

 Using what little time that move bought her she limply crawled across the ground as fast as she could. The Tyrii was back in the blink of an eye but it seemed to be amused by her attempts to flee.

   It stalked her turning it's head this way then that like a Kassalik toying with it’s pray, trying to find the best place to strike.

   Just at the last second a huge Tyrii appeared out of the night and grabbed her from behind pulling her screaming out of sight. The noise didn’t last long.

   It was cut off suddenly, violently.“

Future Witness Statement From All

  Only the fearsome blue creature remained in the light, it came up to the pile and started to sniff us all one by one.

   A few she jeered at but the would then move on.

   The giant stepped back into the circle bloodstained and covered in gore. He placed his hand on the things shoulder restraining, it hissed once then settled down.

  It mumbled something we could not understand to the giant.

 “We have chosen only to eat the defective ones among you, now we are full. Go back to your homes, there is nothing wrong with you. We have feasted under this full moon’s light but if you are still here tomorrow we shall come back and finish you off.”

    The creature licked its lips expectantly, but was pulled away by its owner who stopped only to take the flurelite stones with him.