Chapter 24 - Never annoy an angry elemental

Chapter 24

Never annoy an angry elemental

 Fallon POV

  She stops, but only for a moment before advancing again.

 "I mean it stay back or I will shoot." I wave my pistol at her to prove that I mean it.

  She pauses, cocking her to the left as if this new angle would help her understand better. I remember my grandfather saying they could communicate but all one this does is stare.

  I am momentarily distracted by Lacey warning "Careful, Captain."

   At the flash of movement I turn to see the vision stepping forward again with an outstretched hand.

   I shoot.

  The look on her lovely face flashes from shock, to pain, to confusion, before finally settling on blinding hatred.

    I have just made a huge mistake.

   Around me my teammates drop to the floor grabbing their heads and screaming in pain. I don’t need to see the attack to know where it is coming from.

    Stepping forward I suddenly feel my body propelled up and back, before slamming into the rock pillar yards above the ground. I scream as the invisible force drops me only to be caught again inches from the ground then propelled up again. No matter how hard I struggle I can’t escape these invisible hands.

  Below me the others have stopped holding their heads but the screaming continues. Katerina is trying to run away only to get tangled up in a vine that seemed to come from now where, Reedman is cowering in a corner as balls of bright light are thrown at him.

    Lacey was biting and fighting her way though the undulating vine, trying to reach my side. Only to be propelled into the air, a thin vine still wrapped tightly around her ankle, into the direct light of the moon. She starts screaming and struggling helplessly to find cover. When the bobbing finally stops I find myself suspended upside down almost six feet air. 

    Spitting and shacking my head to get the hair out of my mouth, I see a short brown haired youth walk over to the beauty and place his hand over the laser burn. A white glow passed between their skins, so slight that I only saw it because it was dark. When done she nods to the boy before approaching me.

   She stops inches from my face, looking this way and that before placing her palm gently against my cheek. I can’t help but feel the gentle shock waves vibrating from her hand.

  “Jums sou nie glo la tuân jeg dute izan, undslipper bittiä bollëk en bara quan jeg mote det var alleüber.”

  The sound of her musical voice and the soft caress of her hand is memorising.

 Slap.

   “Miksi?” She screams in my ear.

Leira POV

'Thank you.' I think at Griffin when I feel his mind opening up again while he finishes fixing my arm.

  The old legends are about warning us of these creatures they obviously can’t be trusted. Gliding slowly up to the suspended giant I gently caress his cheek as I hold him still.

   “You would not believe the week I have had. Trials, escapes, bites galore and just when I think it is finally all over you burn me,” Pulling back my arm I slap him as hard as I can, “Why?”

    I watch him spin wildly for a moment before losing interest and move on to the minds of the others, trying to understand their thoughts but still only hearing noise.