chapter twenty-one

*short chapter alert*
Ever since I admitted my love for Luke, he hasn't left my side. He's stuck to me like glue, I'm not entirely sure if I hate it or love it honestly.

He says he's just protecting me from any run ins with Calum, so therefore he goes everywhere I go. All to protect me.

"Hi princess." he walks up behind me as I make my morning tea. His arms snaking around my waist.

"Hi, sleep well?"

"Great, especially now that you sleep next to me."

A smile forms on my face.

Yes we moved into one room, his to be exact. My room is still the same, I just sleep with him now. In both ways.

"I'm glad I decided to move into your room. It's much nicer in there." I turn around in his arms and smile at him.

I receive a sweet and gentle kiss before he lets go of me, just to scoop me up and run back to our bedroom.

"What is going on?"

"I want to cuddle."

"But my tea." I pout.

"I'll make you more later."

"Okay, fine." I snuggle up to him and bury my face in his chest. His cologne lingering on his skin from the day before.

"You'll always be my little girl, right?"

"Always."

"Good." he smiles at me and holds my tiny body against his. Body heat radiating off of each other.

"Have you ever loved anyone, Luke?"

"No."

My heart sinks a bit, does he not love me?

"Not until I met you at least." he finishes.

I let out a deep breath of relief.

"What?" he asks.

"Oh nothing I just was a little worried at first. you said no and I thought you didn't love me."

Luke sits up to where he can look down at me.

"Why on earth would you think that."

"I'm not sure, I just have doubts."

"You don't have to worry about anything when you are with me baby girl. I'm a man, not some little boy that'll run away with your heart."

I look at him, speechless.

"I love you jewel."

"I love you too, Luke."

He gives me a soft kiss and lays back down next to me. He starts humming a song that I can't make out but whatever it is, the vibrations from his chest put me back to sleep instantly.