Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Aubry’s POV…

(Aubry's Bedroom---->)

 Words could not express the level of embarrassment that I was feeling when I opened one eye and peeked around the room praying that I was back in my own apartment and in my own bed. I was sorely disappointed when I saw the elegant bedroom furnishings of Brad’s room, which meant that my faux pas this morning was indeed real and I was horrified. I mean, who does that? I fainted away like some virginal Victorian Maiden, overwhelmed by the sight of a big dick. I so wanted to groan and disappear right now but with the even breathing behind me and the two large arms wrapped loosely around my waist prevented me from moving even a fraction of an inch in fear of waking him up. I didn’t want to wake him up.

 I could feel my face go thermonuclear hot at just the memory of it. God, what he must think of me; a grown man face planting it after hyperventilating over a few caresses. I don’t know what happened, one minute was into the moment I mean really into it. I wanted to see that delicious body so bad and then my head took over. I started thinking about all of my flaws and if he would like what he saw. I mean he is a Dominant and fully immersed in the lifestyle, what did he see in a shy, clueless virgin like me?

 I sniffed back the tears that where threatening to choke me. All of my awkwardness had reared its ugly head and I let it get the best of me. This is why I should always keep to myself. Relationships of any kind were beyond anything that I can cope with and this stunt just proved it. I was never going to be enough for a man such as this. I don’t know why I even tried. I shifted and I managed to get out of his arms. Sliding off the bed, I quickly gathered my clothes and my bags. Tears of mortification and failure swamped me and I just wanted to go home to my own environment and hide in a corner and lick my wounds.

 I dressed, and as quickly and as quietly as I possibly could and I rummaged through my bags to find my cell phone. It was still early but I needed to get home. I needed to get away from him before he realized what a total head case I was. Taking one last look at his utter beauty, I let my eyes linger on his gorgeous face. What was I ever thinking that someone so perfect would want with someone who is afraid of his own shadow on most days? I had no people skills; I couldn’t be smooth and polished enough to carry on intelligent conversations. I fainted at the first glimpse of his body and I am a Nurse, I have seen my share of nude men, but I must admit never anyone like him and absolutely not in a sexual context. I was so out of my league here and I turned and quietly left the room.

I prayed the cab I texted would be at the gate when I got there. I grabbed my coat from where he hung it up and I prayed that I didn’t trigger any alarms or anything when I opened the door but I was too desperate to leave to really care about it. I wrenched open the front door and took my mad dash down the driveway and thank God the green cab was sitting at the gate. I squeezed through the gap not knowing how to open the heavy wrought iron panels and I jumped into the back of the cab. I ignored he cabbie’s weird look and gave him my address and told him to step on it. I kept to myself and I tried in vain to keep the wretched sobs of disappointment contained until I was in the privacy of my own home.

 The cab pulled up to the curb and I dug in my wallet and threw a couple bills at the cabbie and sprinted inside. I could have given him a few hundred dollar bills but I didn’t care. I made quick work of opening the locks on my door and I opened it and slammed it behind me throwing the locks home. I dropped my bags on the floor next to my sofa and plopped down and finally let the acid churning in my chest free. I was inadequate, I was a failure, and I always stood in the background and let people walk all over me. I didn’t know how to please a man like Brad. Who would want me male or female? Maybe this was my punishment for liking men? I curled up into a ball and let my grief take me deep inside my head. I cried and cried until my face was swollen and my throat was dry.