Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Aubry’s POV…

(Yummy Dr. Malone--------->)

 Eight o’ Clock in the morning and not a soul in sight, I thought that it would be at least more people in here than little ole me. I walked over to the line of sleek treadmills in the employee fitness center, the sign had indicated that it open, so I had gone into the locker and changed out my uniform and into my shorts and tank. I found that running in the morning was a great way to work off the remaining energy from my shift to be able to get a restful sleep. It was getting a too cold out now for me to run comfortably with so many layers of clothes to keep warm.

 I turned on the machine and set it to a brisk walk to warm up first, I plugged mi earphones and hit shuffle on my iPod, I was up and running at a steady pace before a few more people trickled in and took up more of the equipment.  I peeled off my drenched tank and welcomed the cool air of my heated skin. I kept my eyes down and concentrated on my pace. I let the aggravation and the stress of my last twelve hours just melted away. I was seriously considering looking for something else, I didn’t know if was sexual orientation or was it the fact that I knew more about Critical Care nursing why that bitch Connie felt it was necessary to ride my ass at any given moment about everything. Her and her followers of lazy ass nurses that just sit and judge and call it team nursing, right.

 I was brought out of musing by a tap on my shoulder. I jumped just a little and I looked up to see the Director of Nursing, Mr. Hahn standing there smiling at me. I pulled my earphones out and stopped the machine. Mr. Hahn handed me the towel I had draped over the rail.

 “Ah Aubry, sorry to interrupt your fitness regime, but since I was showing your new Director around I had to take the opportunity to introduce since you are here.” He said and motioned towards someone standing next to him was the sexiest god damned specimen of a man I had ever laid eyes on, Damn Mr. Hahn to hell for doing this to me. Here I am all sweaty and disheveled when this Sex God was standing there in all his perfection. He looked like he stepped off of someone’s runway in that tailored a suit and Italian shoes. I had to crane my neck just a little to look at his gorgeousness. He was at least six three with wider than wide shoulders. His hair was a salt and Pepper mix, mostly Pepper and his goat tee was flawless. His eyes were icy blue and currently they were staring back at me with no emotion what so ever.

 I tore my eyes away from him and directed my attention back Mr. Hahn who was babbling on the entire time and I was so intent on the man that I didn’t hear a word he said. I cleared my throat and apologized to Mr. Hahn and asked to please repeat what he said, I made up some silly excuse to why I didn’t hear him the first time and put on the most sincere smile on my face. I could have sworn I heard the Sex God chuckle next to me, wait when did he get closer. I started to fidget at his proximity as Mr. Hahn went on to tell me that the Sex God was Dr. Bradley Malone and the he took over Dr. Rowe’s position.

 He in turned introduced me as one of his elite ICU nurses and that I worked night shift and such, I managed to paste a smile on my face and quickly wiped my hand on my towel to shake his hand. It was a miracle of nature that I didn’t fall over on the spot when his big hand closed around my much smaller one. I had to raise my eyes to his when he didn’t immediately let go of my hand. My hazel gaze locked with his mischievous blue one and just like that I was lost. I was more than relieved when Mr. Hahn clapped Dr. Malone on the back and off they went to continue the tour of the facilities. I made tracks to the locker room.

 Damn, how was I going to be able to work with that man? I couldn’t even form a sentence in his presence, and after my stellar performance out there being tongue tied and all he must think I am complete idiot.  I turned the faucets on and stepped under the warm spray of water and wondered what was the deal with the whole hand holding and such? Was the good doctor gay? I snickered, even if he was he was way out of league and he made me nervous anyway. I finished showering and I trotted back out to the lockers to get dressed. I was wired enough now even after my interrupted run to attempt to go home and sleep. I was off for the next few days so I can go home and catch up with the housework and such, anything to keep my thoughts away from Dr. Sexy.