VII. Hero

Hero.

 -

I went home 'cause I'm actually missing a kid here, "Hey Carlito." I hug him like there's no tomorrow.

"It 's Carls, ate." He hugs me even tighter and kisses my cheeks, sweet. He's my brother and ten years young. I always tease him the name Carlito and he always whines about his super-cool name 'Carls.'

"How was school?"I said while biting an apple and check his works. He's a sixth grader. "Fine." He answered back.

"How was the teacher?"

"Fine."

"How was your classmat—"

"Fine."

"How was Sophie?"

"Fi—What?" he looks at me then looks away. "What are you talking about ate?"

"Nothing." I said while smiling teasingly. I love to tease him so much about his crush, to blurt out his clumsiness on school—him, to be mad at me. But he always ends up staying with me and talks about nothings. That's my brother; he can't stay mad at me and forgives me always to the nth time.

"How about you, ate?" he said and changes the topic. "How about your..." he stopped, "I mean how about your, uhh—crush?"

"I have no crush at all."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Then what's with the spark in your eyes?" I looked at him eyeing. He shrugged and goes to his room. He always cuts the topic! ('cause he knows that I'll nag him after, about on what he said) I don't know; he knows better than myself. Strange.

 -

"Carls I'll be going to a convenient store! Is there anything you want me to buy?" I shouted while closing the gate. He shouted back "nothing!" Then I'm going all by myself. My mom and dad were already separated, and don't even care about us. Our grandparents are the one who raises us, though, they raised us well.

I bought two donut for myself, poor Carlito, he wasn't able to eat one. I finished eating and went straight to the park.

\

I sat on the bench letting my hair hit my face. I let out a deep sigh, it's been a month since the last time I saw Seoul's beauty—and the beautiful sunset. The last time I went here was months ago. I wasn't able to go out because I was torn into pieces. Thankfully, I have the persons who are always there for me—Sam, the loving and caring best friend. Carls, for being there for me whatever problem comes, he's always there to listen (and he's the sweetest brother I ever had). And you, Girard, ever since the day I first met you, you always saves me. Just like Superman does, but you saves me not from supernatural creatures, I mean, the ones with super powers. You save me from my past.

The sun colored orange while the birds are flying freely. I once wished to be a bird. They can fly without limits; they can go wherever they want to go; they live happily (I guess); there are no rules to be followed. But I realized, being a person is enough, it is a blessing. God created you because you have a mission—to find your other half. Life is too short to waste time, find yours.

I get my camera from my small bag (I always bring my bag together with me) I captured the sun, the people, the kids, the old people who is actually sweet after a years of being them together, the teens, the trees, everything. I stopped and smiled,

I saw you ten meters away.

You're actually looking at the sunset and leans your back on the cedar tree.

I run at you and sat beside. You got surprised—I saw your cute-but-shocked face in bit— but easily recovered. "Hey."

"Hey, what're you doing here?" you smiled and closed your eyes; I bet it's something and I won't tell you readers what is it.

"See the sunset?" you asked; I nodded, "In every day of my life, sunset is the most beautiful thing I ever see."

"Ooh, I see."

"Stars are the second..."

You whispered something but I wasn't able to hear it, "And you are the third..."

-

Sometimes, it's the one who really knows about you.