VI. Let it out

Let it out.

-

"1, 2, 3...RUN!"

I ran with all my speed. The police men follows us, they caught us shoplifting through the window. And I'm with the gang, obviously. We don't have a nice job so we have to do this. I'm just a member; I should follow whatever the leader say.

We entered a small street. I'm sure they wouldn't be able to follow us.

"That was CLOSE!" Gino laughed while catching his breath. He barely speaks. He's a 'three-word' man. Just like what he said.

"We should be careful next time so they won't be able to recognize us." Eros said solemnly.

"Did they?"

"No," he said; we felt relieved. "Next time, we'll be going in there." He continued while pointing a shop. It was a restaurant. There's a girl who is looking at the glass window, and suddenly, she reached the glass.

"Seriously?" I asked. The girl wiped her tears and now faced us. Oh...It's...It's Jade.

The gang looked at me suspiciously. "What?"

"I thought you love to gatecrash sweet restaurants." Eros keenly said.

"Y-Yeah." I said. I brushed my hair upwards. "It's just that," I sighed. "I mean—today?"

"No, of course." He said.

"C'mon!" I said while changing the topic. "We haven't eaten lunch." I furiously walk not to get noticed by Ja—

"Hey Girard!" –Jade.

I jerk around by her shout. "Oh, H-Hey there too."

"What brings you here?" she said while smiling. Why is she smiling like that? Like she didn't cry?

"Oh," I looked at my friends. They are not even smiling. "Ah, nothing."

"Do you mind if I come with you?" What will I say? Yes or no? If I don't, surely he'll get sad. If I say yes—Wait—why am I depending on what will she feel?

I took a glance one more time at Eros. He nodded slowly then they drift off, leaving me with Jade. Why did he say yes? I thought he doesn't want us to have girl friends. "You okay GD?"

I was startled and quietly recomposed myself, "Y-yeah, where do you want? Café shop?"

She quickly turned her gaze on the Café shop; I bet she is looking at someone inside there, "Uhm...Sure."

She ushered me to eat; I said yes—the hell I'm really starving. She just ordered a coffee for herself.

Silence went on. I'm just eating and didn't bother to talk; she's just, I think she's looking at somebody right now.

"Uh...Do you want to eat?"

She nodded her head, still, not looking at me. I followed her gaze and there, a man eating alone five tables away from us. He checks his phone every three seconds. I bet he still waits for someone’s reply. He let out a deep sigh and continues to eat.

"He was once my life." I looked at her, her eyes filled with hurt and betrayal...and love. I saw a girl like her before, but I don’t remember when it was and who she is. I think it was months ago. "But...I am not his life anymore." Her voice is shaking and in any time, it'll break off.

"Let's not talk about him." She smiled. How can she easily change the topic without her seeing hurt? "Want some coffee?"

"No thanks," I am not fond of coffee, but alcoholic drinks are, just kidding. "Have we met before?"

Her eyes widened and trembled, "Uh-y-yes, NO!" her shout caused some people to look at us. She stood up and bowed, and sits again. "I mean, no." she raised her index finger and budge it to left, and then right.

"You know what, you're cute." It accidentally slips out from my mouth. I felt so much embarrassment; her eyes widened, "I mean you're cute 'cause you're a girl." I actually don't know what to say; she seems so confused, "Never mind." I smiled at her, she smiled back too.

Silence,

Silence,

Silence—

"Jade..."said a deep and husky voice. I turned around to see whose voice was that—it was from the man who she looks at.

"Z-Zack..." her voice trembled; it seems that it'll gonna be hard for her to talk to him.

"Jadecomeonewe'llhavealotofthingstodo." And with that, I drag us off to that café.

-----------

That. was. breath. taking.

I let out a deep sigh. Frankly, I don't even know what to do when he was about to come near us. I was 1.) Scared, because I don't want and I'm not yet ready to talk to him 2.) I think my jaw-dropped, because I saw him again and 3.) I love him, and I'm still not ready to forgive him if he'll ask forgiveness—if he, ever, will. Seriously, I am thanking you so much on what you did—but I remained poker face. You saved me once again!

"You okay Jade?" you said; I was startled. I managed to smile to take the worries off from your face. "That was your..."

"Ex."

"And you haven't moved on." I nodded and stare at the ground.

"Thanks though."

"That was nothing." You smiled at me; I felt secure. "Do you want me to help you?"

"What help?"

You went startled and suddenly looked on the ground, "I mean, you know, help you to move..." you stopped and looked at me, "Never mind." you smiled and walked away. I know what you mean.

I smiled and run over.

I hugged you from behind; you froze. "Thanks GD."