II. Numb heart

Numb heart

-

 I lit up a cigar. It’s already recess, I and my friends are hanging out in the restroom to relax and reduce this tensing feeling.

"Hey GD! Does the vacuum cleaner found you already?" They all laugh in unison. "How does it feel?"

"Shut up." They always make fun of me, my name is Girard Dustin, and they call me 'Dust'. It feels like I'm too obnoxious to be called by that, but I find it okay.

I threw my cigar and stomp at it.

Cigars, alcoholic drinks, are my best friends. They always make me happy.

I put my hands in the pocket and walk like a cool kid with cold eyes. I proceed to my classroom late. The teacher scolded me again for the nth time. Who are they? A supreme to be respected? Ah, I don't even know what respect means. They are just somebody; they don't know me personally. Who is she again? Ah, I don't remember what her stupid name is.

Most of the students would bring a notebook, a pen, or some school stuff. I, doesn't mind bring any of them. I mean, I just come to school whenever I'm bored or something, I just come to school to annoy everyone—the teachers, the students, and even the principal. But they don't drop me—they just hate me—because I said to. If they would, I'll kill them right away. I act like a boss in this high school, but I don't have a guard or a maid. I walk all by myself, no friends at all.

I stood up to cut my class; and the teacher doesn't care less. They are way too boring. They make me feel drowsy.

Every time I walk on the hallway, they always look on the ground and stare like crazy until I pass by at them.

What did I do?

Oh, I forgot, they are scared at me. Of course, they should be. I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo—no, I mean I'm different, I'm tough, I break faces, I'm a gangster at times—but on the other side, I am a kid, who is always been craving for love.

You see, I never had a girlfriend. I am 101% single since the world began.

I've been discouraged because my friends say that girls are irritating, gold digger, annoying, loud, jealousy, suspicious and just a piece of shit. So I ended up, uninterested.  And I don't mind having one.

But then, I met this girl when I took a walk on the street.

I got stunned by her look. I thought she was an angel.

I mean, yes she's beautiful, but I think I fell in love—wait, no—yes—I don't know.

She's a nice person, her eyes were filled with sadness, and she's simple yet interesting. She's the odd of a 'girl' I know. I wanted to hug her by that time.

 ...Little did I know that you would make my whole world upside down, and foresee in love. That's why I fell—fell hard.

You know, you're the one I am talking about Jade. Let's recall our story once again. It breaks my heart. I hope it won't break your heart, too.

-