Chapter 9

Revealing (Part 2)

The same evening, the Jedi Council assigned Petro and Anakin on a mission to capture a bounty hunter who killed two senators in the last week. The orders of the Council were to track him down before he'd has the chance to kill another senator. Currently master and padawan were in Coruscant's underground levels following a hint of a spy. For Petro it was the first time he was in this part of the city planet. He carefully observed his surroundings.

'Down here you find a bunch of excellent scum who can steal something from you and you won't recognise it, even as a jedi. It's a rough place. So keep an eye on your lightsaber because this' Anakin held up his lightsaber to put more emphasis on his following words.

'This weapon is my life! I know, you've told me that a thousand times.' the corellian boy finished his master's sentence.

'Yeah because it's true. Oh and try to avoid getting in trouble. Believe me, that's no fun down here.'

'You know me. I can't guarantee for anything.'

'Yeah unfortunately.' Anakin responded.

'Hey! I rarely get in - okay...maybe you've got a point.' Petro confessed.

'But I already try my hardest.'

'You have to try harder if you don't want yourself end up getting killed by a group of bounty hunters. I won't always be there to save you.' Anakin was more serious now.

'Luckily I don't need anybody saving.' the padawan countered.

'Okay than prove it. The next time you're in danger I'll let you handle the situation yourself.'

'Deal.'

A hovering platform transported them down to the lower levels where they went into a run down bar. Both pulled up their hoods of their cloaks to cover their faces. Petro's gaze roamed through the different groups of species but there was nothing suspicious. The air smelled of alcohol and half of the guests were drunk.

'I don't know what you mean. Seems to be a nice place.' Petro whispered sarcastically.

'Concentrate on the mission. We split up. Don't do anything on your own. You'll contact me first before you make a move.'

'Sure.' the Padawan responded half-heartedly.

'I'm serious.' Anakin made clear and began investigating the area with the tables while Petro listened inconspicuously to the conversations of the people who were sitting at the counter. But there was nothing interesting, no useful information.
An old Weequay suddenly grabbed his arm and pulled down his hood.

'Aren't you a little too young to walk through Coruscant's streets all on your own? You can come to my place if you want to.' He offered and tried a trustworthy expression.

Petro's hand rested on his lightsaber hilt, he looked at the man in disgust. Just in this moment Anakin came to his rescue when the Weequay was about to push a hand into Petro's tunic pants.

'There you are! I told you to stay by my side, son. I'm truly sorry for his bad behaviour.'

Anakin pulled up his Padawan's hood with one hand and got ahold of the Weequay's hand with the other. He grabbed his arm roughly and dragged him out of the bar. Outside Petro gazed at his master in disbelief.

'I had everything under control!' he stated.

'You were about to activate your lightsaber and kill this man.' the Jedi Knight simply replied.

'That's not...okay, yeah, maybe. But you promised me to let me handle the next situation myself. And you didn't.' the padawan detected.

'It's my duty to protect my padawan and I couldn't let a pervert get into your pants.' Anakin stated. He turned around and went to the next hovering platform leaving his padawan completely flabbergasted.