Chapter 3

Battle of Coruscant (Part 2)

Back in the temple

'Fives, right? I think Katooni and I should rather help Master Kenobi and Master Skywalker than stay here.'

'Forget about it kid. You can destroy your first clankers down here. You're of no use to the generals. Not yet.'

He sighed. 'It was worth a try.'

'Petro, you heard Master Skywalker. He makes you bunter food if he sees you up there.'

'But up there's all the action!' he argued.

'This is enough action for me right now. After all it's our first day as padawans.'

'Hey guys! Do you need some help?'
They turned around to see Ganodi, Zatt and Gungi standing behind them.

'Now that reminds me of the mission on Florrum.'

'Which mission? We were stranded on a planet inhabited by pirates.'

'Now us not the time. I suggest that Zatt and Ganodi, you continue in driving back the droids here. Gungi, Katooni and me will help the others at the main entrance. A jedi told me they could need some help down there.'

'Copy that.' They split up.

Just before Gungi, Katooni and Petro reached the entrance, Petro hide behind a wall and waited till the steps of his friends died away. When he was just about walking to the hangar someone cleared his throat behind him. It was Katooni.

'Petro, what are you doing?'

'Katooni! Ah...I was just checking on...'

'I know where you planned on going but you can't.'

'I must help my Master. Isn't that my duty as a padawan?'

'But he ordered you to stay here.'

'You don't understand. I'm receiving signals from the force. Something bad will happen if I don't go. I just know it.'

Katooni hesitated.
'From the force?'

'Yes.'

'Hmm, I think that's a reason. But I'll come with you.'

'Agreed! Come on, we need ships.'

They ran to the hangar where they decided to take two jedi starfighters.

'Ready Katooni?'

'Did you ever fly one of these before?'

'Nope.'

'Me neither.'

'Can't be much more difficult than the simulator, right?'

'Right.' Katooni didn't sound very convinced.

'Let's go!'

They took off and left Coruscant. Katooni already holt the withdrawal so tightly, her knuckles went white.

'Okay Katooni, we must stay together. Let me know when you see the flag ship.'

They flew in the middle of the battle fire and were immediately chased by three enemy fighters.

'Watch out Katooni!'

But Katooni reacted quickly. She got out of the way of a bolt before it could hit her. Petro fell intentionally behind and eliminated two of the fighters. The third one was harder. He followed Katooni closely.

'Katooni, try to shake him off. I can't shoot him without risking hitting you, too.'

'What do you think am I doing, huh?'