Chapter 6

A Rescue Mission

The Council sent Anakin and his padawan to save jedi Master Aayla Secura who got captured by Grievous. They were working out a plan how to get on the ship without being recognized to avoid any unnecessary conflicts.

'Master, I could take the ventilation shafts and free her unnoticed while you attack the cruiser. I'll have freed Master Secura in no time.' Petro suggested.

'No, that's too dangerous. We'll find another solution.'

'We have no time left, Master Secura has no time left. And why not? I wouldn't even come across Grievous. I can handle this.'

'I won't send you in that ship alone.'

'And what if Fives accompanies me?'

Petro and Fives grew close together during the last weeks. They were a perfect team and handled any situation they were faced with.
Anakin still hesitated a bit.

'Hm okay. Fives you will accompany him. While you save Master Secura we will distract the fleet. I make sure Grievous attention is on me. Petro, let the twilight get prepared for your mission. I'll come down in a second.'

'Yes, master.' The young padawan left the bridge, Anakin worriedly looking after him.

'Fives, look after him. You know how reckless he can be. He can't face Grievous by himself. And I know for sure he will if he gets the opportunity.'

'Sir, I'll bring him back in one peace.'

'You better do so, Fives.'

There was a reason why Fives stood on almost every mission beside Petro. He was kind of a personal guard. Anakin knew that he was over-protective again but he would not lose another padawan. He wanted to give Petro some freedom because he remembered that Ahsoka always got upset by him being around all the time so Rex suggested to make Fives Petro's personal clone protector. To Anakin's fortune Petro accepted Fives and they made a perfect match.

Fives liked Petro because of his seek for adventures. He always needed to be in action, like himself. And he was very impressed by the padawan's skills. Petro was even more talented than Ahsoka but he would never tell the kid. He was already vain enough.
Fives went into the twilight where Petro repaired some minor damages.

'Fives, hand me the the screwdriver.'

The clone took the screwdriver from R3 and handed it over.

'What did you say?'

Petro looked up at his guardian.
'Hand me the screwdriver, please?' he asked again with his most enticing smile.

'Way better.'

'Thanks. Okay, I'm done. Did we already make the jump into hyperspace?'

'Yes, we did.'
Petro and Fives left the ship again. Anakin entered the hangar the same moment.

'Petro, have you repaired the twilight by now?'

'Yes, the old lady is working again.'

'Good. As soon as we'll have left hyperspace you take off. And be quick. I can't lose anymore ships nor padawan. They probably won't assign me to another fleet.'

'Fives and I are back before you fired the first bolts. But master, there's still something bothering me.   Why di Grievous stop hiding so soon?'

'I don't know. That's usually not like him but considering the new circumstances... He's the main leader of the separatist army now.'

A clone trooper approached them.
'Sir, we are leaving hyperspace.'