Prologue

'With all due respect master Yoda, I'm not sure if that's a good idea. On the other hand he didn't want Ahsoka in the first place neither.'
'Overcome his former student he must. The only way this is to keep him on the light side of the force.'
'I hope you are right, Master Yoda. And you're sure he will choose him?'
'Sure I am, Obi-Wan. As padawan Tano and Skywalker did, they will learn from each other. Skywalker must control himself so he can help his future student who has similar problems to his own one's.'
'Well then I'll tell him the news.'

Obi-Wan knocked slightly on Anakin's door.
'Come in.'
Obi-Wan opened the door to the quarter and entered the blacked out room.
'Oh, it's just you master.'
Anakin was working on some kind of metal pieces. He looked quite stressed and exhausted.
'Anakin, how are you feeling?'
The former padawan sighed. 'Why do you always ask me that? I'm feeling fine, just fine!'
'Anakin control your emotions!' Obi-Wan took a deep breath and reminded himself that this was not the right time to lecture his former padawan if the plan was meant to be a success. After a short break he went on. 'Actually I'm here to tell you something. You shall attend the Apprentice Tournament tomorrow.'
'Why? I don't want to.' he responded in annoyance.
'The council wants you to train younglings in the future. You don't have a padawan anymore and we think you'd make a fine combat teacher.'
'Thanks for reminding me of my failure.' Since Ahsoka had left the order a few month ago Anakin has been thinking of her a lot. He gave himself the fault for her path. He has failed her as a master. In his opinion he wasn't capable of training the next generation of jedi plus he didn't want to. He'd rather return to the battlefield than showing some younglings how to use the force.
'Just go to the Tournament and inform the council what could be improved.'
Anakin surrendered knowing he had no chance in avoiding this in the end. 'Sure.' he mumbled.
Obi-Wan left his former apprentice's room. Anakin wanted to run after his friend so badly but he suppressed the desire to entrust his pain to Obi-Wan.
And so he was back with his thoughts about Ahsoka. He worried for her wellbeing. She was somewhere out in the galaxy. Alone. The only thing which kept him from searching her was the certainty that she was alright. He often checked for her force presence to make sure she wasn't in any danger. If that would be the case he'd certainly go after her.

Palpatine tapped with his fingers on his desk. This was the only visibile sign showing his inner conflict. The latest development foiled his plans and he was not pleased with the current situation. For a split second he left control over things, a fatal mistake. A mistake he wasn't able to afford if things were supposed to work out as he wants them to. He had a conversation with Skywalker earlier, who told him about the Council's order. Palpatine knew exactly what that meant. It took long enough to get rid off this togruta girl and now Skywalker was supposed to take a new apprentice.
Right now he was thinking about how he could change his plans without changing them in the end. There had to be a possibility how he could turn the situation to his advantage. He just needed more time. He has already waited for so long, a little bit longer wouldn't make a big difference...