Mini Chapter!....Asleep

Unedited:

Something was different, maybe it was the fact that I’m no longer on a hard tile floor, nope, now I feel like I am in a warm, not so comfortable bed. Not understanding how, in a matter of what felt like seconds, I can go from a tile floor to a bed, made me try and open my eyes to see what was going on around me. My eyes fluttered open, and I got a glimpse of a white light, but then for some reason I could not keep them open, so they quickly closed...I tried opening them again but my eyelids felt so heavy that I wasn't able to keep them open so I ended up having to close them immediately, once more.

"Nurse! Doctor! She’s awaking up! Come quick!" I heard a male shout in an eager tone of voice. Then I heard the sound of somebody walking toward me and then the footsteps stopped and there was a loud sigh.

"I think your right, I’m going to go call your doctor in and she will take a better look at her.” Someone said before I heard more footsteps, after that there was a closing of a door. All the sudden my cold hand was embraced by a warm hand that was tracing circles on my palm.

"Honey, please wake up..." A voice pleaded. I wanted to tell the person, ‘I am trying’, but the words didn’t come out. Seconds passed, I tried over and over to open my eyes like I did just moments ago, but I couldn’t. "Damn it! This is my entire fault; I should’ve not left you. I’m sorry, Vanessa! If you wake up and you’re mad at me I’ll understand, but please,” I could tell the person talking was starting to get very emotional with every word. That made me more determined to wake up, so I can comfort this person, by telling them that I’m fine. “Damn it, Vanessa, opens your eyes; come on do it! You did it just seconds ago! Please! Please! Wake up!" I had a burning felling that this person was E.J.

Oh how I wanted to see his face...When I felt some liquid hit my hand I tried to think of what it could be. Then I realized it was tears, E.J’s, tears, which made my motivation for waking even more. I tried again and again, but still I couldn't. "Vanessa, I love you so much and when you wake I am going to make it up to you. Even if you’re madder than hell at me, I’ll make it up to you, I promise, but honey you got to wake up…"

"E.J how about you go get some coffee and fresh air-" Said a soft voice.

"No! I am not leaving her; she is just now showing signs of waking up! If you think I am going to leave her, you thought wrong.” Shouted a male’s voice, who I knew was E.J’s.

“Okay, you didn’t have to yell.” A part of me knew this honey like voice, but I couldn’t place a finger on who it was.

“So what’s going on?” Said a new, but familiar voice.

“Doc. I saw her eyes flutter open, but they closed.” Stated E.J.

“Okay, that is normal in her stage of recovery, but due to the swelling and bruising around her eyes I don’t think that she’ll be able to open her eyes for another day or two.”

“But I saw her eyes open Doc. I swear I did!”

“Calm down, I believe you, but when she did that it was her waking up, her eyes closed like I said because of the swelling and bruising around her eyes. The good thing is that she is recovering and pretty soon she will be able to open her eyes fully. With much hope soon after that she will be able to talk.”

“Doc. What about the babies.” E.J said….Wait, did him just say babies? No, I must have heard wrong.

“One is in the same state as before, the other one is, as you know-“

“I know, you don’t have to repeat it…Oh and tell your nurses that her mother is not allowed up her, if I see her face I swear I’ll-“

“Calm down, E.J, we know how mad you are, and we have already notified the nurses about her mom. Plus as you know the police are on the lookout for her. She will not be anywhere near her, I promise. Oh and when Vanessa does wake up, I think it would be wise not to tell her about her father or about the other baby.”

“I understand Doc. But when should we tell her?”

“When the time comes we will know, as for now she is on the right tract to recovery. I have told her nurse to start her on vitamins, and we will continue her fluids.”

“Okay.” E.J said in a low voice. It was weird, but for some reason I could tell that he was staring at me with sadness and pity and every fiber in my being wanted to get up and see his eyes and tell him ‘don’t worry somehow I will be fine, I love you.’ But I didn’t try to wake up and tell him, for I knew I wouldn’t be able to for a few days.

I heard the Doctor and E.J exchange goodbyes and a few other words, but my mind at the moment was trying to soak in all that was said.

1.       I’m pregnant with more than one baby, and something is wrong with one of them…

2.       The police are after my mom…Can’t say I am happy or sad about that…

3.       And something has happened to my dad.

Great, I guess they won’t have to bother telling me when I wake because I already know.