Trouble And Disaster Is My Middle Name

UNEDITED:

The closer I got to the kitchen, the more I felt like I should turn around and run out the house; call the police at a safe distance. Yet, my feet moved towards the kitchen ready for whatever was in there and making so much noise. When I peered my head around the corner of the door I was shocked at what I saw.

My mom on the top of a counter with her head in a cabinet.

"What are you doing?" I asked as she began to throw things out of the cabinet while mumbling about how she had to find something.

"I am looking for something, very important. I put it up just in case I need, and boy do I need it…" She said, while tossing things out of a cabinet.

"What are you looking for-?" I began to ask but then she cut me off.

"Found it!" She said. Then she jumped off the counter and I saw what she was looking for… In her hand was a pint of vodka. A frown appeared on my face as memories of all the stuff she had done in the past while she drank.

"Mom, no!" I ran over to her and tried to take the bottle from her, but she pushed me back into a counter, I shrieked in pain as my back hit the counter behind me.

"Don't you dare take this away from me?" She yelled at me in anger. I sunk down to the floor, trying not to cry...she was about to drink…Plus my back was hurting by how hard she pulled me into the counter.

"Mom, please don't drink that, we both know you are not the nicest person when you drink You tend to be a little bit physical. Also you have been not drinking for a while now, don't start again, please." I pleaded hoping she would drop the bottle and realize what she is about to do is a mistake.My mom glared at me. She slowly sat down on the floor, across the kitchen from me.

She twisted open the bottle and then took a gulp of it, her face scrunched up as the vodka burned down her throat. "Does it make you feel better?" I asked in a cold voice. She looked at me with a angry expression that soon turned blank. I wondered what in the world she was thinking about, but soon enough she opened her mouth and words of venom came out.

"Why? Why are you so stupid?!" She shouted.

"I am not stupid!" I yelled back.

"Your 17 and pregnant. I rather have you like you were when you were at your dad’s house."

"What is that suppose to mean?" I questioned in anger.

"When you lived with your dad you were a little wanna be punk, always getting in fights, always getting in trouble, never listening. A rebel is what you were, but I know even though you were a rebel you would have never gotten pregnant. Yet, when you came here, it all changed, you changed. Why?"

"I-I don't know." I truthfully answered. I then began to wonder the same thing; how did I get in this situation?