I Am Doing This...Wait What?!

Vanessa’s P.O.V (The Wedding Day)

"You wake her up." I heard a girl's voice say.

"No, I am not going to, remember about a year ago at a sleepover I tired waking her up, and she punched me." I knew that was Haley saying that, I smiled at the memory of about a year ago when she hopelessly tired and wake me up from a deep sleep, and I punched her...

"That was an accident." I mumbled in my sleep. All the sudden I heard a gasp and clapping of hands.

"She’s awake, finally!" I opened my eyes to find Karen and Haley at the side of my bed staring at me. When I sat up they gave me fake grins, I knew that meant either they had really good news, or they were mad at me…I hope it’s the first one... "So now that you are awake, we want you to explain…why the hell the wedding has not been called off!" Haley half yelled. I stared at her pale heart shaped face, which had an expression full of anger.

"I had planned on calling off the wedding but my dad caught me as I was leaving the restroom last night. He told me that after the wedding he has to check into a hospital because of the cancer...This wedding is the last time he will be able to see me happy...I have to do this...To make his last day not in a hospital a good one, one to remember, because he is dying." I stated.

"If you want your dad to be merry, and you say that he can only be pleased if you’re happy, take him to a carnival and ride some rides, eat cotton candy, laugh, and smile. None of that includes getting married; to a guy you don’t love." Stated Haley, I shook my head.

"Guys, please just stop giving me crap about this! This is something I need to do! Stop freaking judging me! I so sick a tired of people all up my ass! Telling me this and that! Can’t I just do something for once without someone judging, like my two best friends?! Whether this situation is right or wrong! I am marrying Adrian and that is final!" I shouted. They got up and gave me a look of defeat.

"Okay, but when you realize how unhappy you are with Adrian, we will be here to tell you we told you so." Haley said with a straight face. I smiled.

"I love yawl!" I said getting up and giving both a hug at the same time.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, now let’s get this gosh awful wedding over with." Haley said in an uninterested tone of voice.

"Did someone say wedding?!" My mom said bursting in the room with a smirk. I growled underneath my breath before giving a fake smile.

"You can still call it off." Haley whispered to in my ear. I shook my head no.

"So girls, who is ready for a wedding? I know I am!” My mom said.

“Then go get married if you want a wedding.” Haley said in a low voice so only Karen and I could hear. We chuckled; my mom looked at us like we were crazy.