Chapter 8-The Wolf Goddess Rises

My royal parents looked away from me and my other parent's just gasped. I closed my eyes and said "What happened?"

I opened them and saw that my royal parents looked at each other and I saw it in their eyes they knew what was going on.

"Mother. Father what's going on?"

My mother looked at my father and I waited for what seemed like forever.

"Okay. We have to tell you some thing sweetheart."

"Yes?"

My mother sat down next to me and said "The day you were born we recived a message from the moon goddess."

"Saying?"

Suddenly there was a bright light and I blinked. I waited until it died down.

"So...I see you're finally going to tell her."

I blinked. It was the exact same voice I had been hearing over the last eight years. I blinked as I looked at the beautiful woman standing in front of me. She had silver hair and bright blue green eyes a lot like me. I blinked and said "You're that voice in my head."

She smiled and said "That I am daughter. I must say...you have grown to be a beautiful smart young lady."

I smiled a little and said "Thank you."

"Now listen carefully daughter. You might have come from the royal couple but there's a reason I call you my daughter."

I blinked and asked "May I ask why that is?"

She smiled and sat next to me on the other side of the bed. She touched my hand and I closed my eyes. I was having a flashback moment.

Flashback Mode

The grass was green and the moon palace was presien and lovely. The light's were on and there was a loud crash. Suddenly the place was on fire.

"Goddess...we must get you out of here."

"I can't leave just yet."

"Why can't you? Do you have everything you need? Is something the matter that you can't just leave? We must-."

"Hush Clarice. I must retreive the most important thing I must never leave behind."

It was then I realized I was just standing there watching the scene unfold like I was at a movie theature. I was to confused to move.

The goddess moved the top off her music box and pushed a button. I blinked and her bed fliped onto it's side. Underneath was a hidden door. She shut the music box and picked it up. She wrapped it in a piece of thick silk as we followed her down into the hidden room. The bed fell down again and sat like it never moved in the first place. I watched and she punched in a key code.

'That's my birthday.'

The door opened and we followed her inside. The nusery was pink and everything was set just right. The all the time nanny just sat in the rocking chair and stood when the goddess came in.

"Ma'am..."

"You must get out of here Anabel. It's no longer safe for you to be here."

"Where should I go?"

"Run into the woods. Shift and keep running until you come to the first pack farthest from this place. After today...I will no longer live here."

"Should I-."

"I will deal with that small matter. Run now. Use the escape tunnel to your right. When you get out you should be a meter away from the woods. Run as fast as you can."

"Yes ma'am."

The nanny got up and ran off. I shook my head and said nothing.

"Goddess-."

I looked over at the goddess and she leaned over to pick up the baby lying in the crib. She looked down at her sadly and said "This is my most prized belonging. She is my secert daughter."

"Ma'am..."

"I can't not lose her. I need to protect her."

"When was she born?"

The goddess smiled and they wrapped her in a warm blanket. The goddess gave the woman the music box and they went through the tunnels. I followed staying close behind. I felt a connection to the bundle of joy in the goddess's arms. I don't know why though.

"Ma'am when was she born?"

"Just today. If I had known what was going to happen I would have relocated every one to a safer land and got myself to safty before giving birth to her."

They reached the tunnel opening and I blinked.

'A blue violet moon.'

"Goddess..."

"Her name is Isadora Night Moon. She's the future moon and the first wolf goddess. Protect her at all costs. You and your husband must take care of her at all times."

"Ma'am..."

"I must go."

She handed the baby to the woman and pulled her hood up. Before she left she kissed the babies head, took the locket off and set it in the folds of the blanket where it wouldn't fall out. A slient tear slid down her face and she said "We will meet again my dear precious daughter. Until then live happy, live normal and live free. We will see each other again one day soon. I love you always."

I felt a tear slid down my face. I looked at the baby. She had dark brown hair and brown eyes. I blinked and said 'That's my birthmark.'

She had a full moon birthmark on the back of her right hand. I blinked and it was gone. Time flashed by and I saw myself growing up in the king and queen's home. Then I saw myself growing up in the pack, finding my mate and my first shift. Then for sure the scenes ended and I heard "You can awaken now daughter."

I opened my eyes and blinked against the harsh white light.

"Isadora-."