Chapter 1

'My dear daughter...todays the day. Be ready to embrace you're gifts and lead your kind.'

'Who are you?'

'Soon my dear. Very soon.'

I had no choice but to let it go.

'Okay...how soon?'

The woman laughed and I said 'You're not telling me are you?'

'I'm afraid not. Now wake up my dear. You're destiny starts today.'

My alarm clock went off and I looked for the snooze.

"Don't you do it."

I growled and said "No."

"You shift today."

I opened my eyes and saw the green eyes of my best friend Avery.

"You said that last year and the year before that. I'm 18. I'm never going to shift."

"I feel it today. Come on show some excitement. You'll also find your mate."

Now that part I was looking forword to. I sat up and smiled. My mother poked her head into my room and said "Happy birthday Isabel."

"Thanks momma."

I ran to my closet and dressed in a pair of shorts, a nice shirt and a pair of snow boots. I tied up my long silver hair and looked at myself in the mirror. I smiled and said "I'm a smart woman. Even if I don't find my mate today I can make it on my own. I don't need a man to make me happy."

Avery was having a conversation with her wolf and I envyed her. I wanted to talk to my wolf but I hadn't shifted yet. Poor me. I know. But I could feel it in my bones that it was about to happen any day now. I had to look my best for my mate whom ever he may be.

"Happy birthday."

"Thanks dad."

I looked out the window and said "It's snowing! Come on Ave!"

"Wait. I'm not like you! I need winter protection."

It was true I didn't need any coat or anything. Snow was my element. Ice, snow, frost all of it was my comfort zone. Even ice cold water made me relax.

"Hurry up Avery!"

I was jumping up and down by the front door waiting for my best friend to come running out. I wanted to go but not without her. She laughed and said "You look like an excited puppy."

"Come on!"

I tore the door open and ran out into the snow. I smiled and sat in it.

"I love you snow!"

I took comfort in my small little snow cave I had made in ten seconds. I crawled out when I heard Avery's voice.

"Hey Aves!"

"Are you sure your eighteen or eight?"

I laughed at her and said "I love the snow! It makes me feel safe."

"Good for you. Meanwhile I'm frezzing my ass off here."

I pouted and said "Okay. We can go back inside and get hot coca."

She jumped like she was getting a surprise.

"Come on!"

I raised an eye brow at her and crawled the rest of the way out. I walked back when I heard "Watch out!"

I dogged the snow ball and smirked.

"I thought I could get her this time!"

I looked at Avery and she nodded.

'Do it!'

I smiled and moved my finger in a twurling motion. I smiled and a snow ball hovered over my hand. I blew on it making a thin coat of ice surround it. I kissed it and spun around. I threw it at the back of Jacks head and it hit on it's mark. He spun around and glarred at me.

"That wasn't me."

"You're lying."

"I'm serious! Even as Avery."

"She didn't do a thing! She was just on her way back to the pack house."

He growled and stommped away. I smiled and Avery said "Nice."

"Thank you very much."

I laughed and we started walking back.

"Heads up! Hockey-!"

Too late. I was hit in the head with the hockey puck!

"Ow!"