Strange Places and Tears

Hey, I'm sorry I haven't uploaded in a while. Here's the next chapter.

  Comment if you have anything that's on your mind, vote if you love it, read it if you dare, and fan if you want to be friends or have this story in your library.

__________________________________________________

   In a child such as Remy's eyes, she saw the same house that she lived in for years. There wasn't a change to her. In a seventeen year old girls eyes who was tortured for ten years by her abusive drunk father, things changed a lot.

     When I walked through the front door everything looked the exact same. Nothing was touched and I felt as if I were walking through a memory. Down the hall I knew there would be the living room decorated like a bachelor pad only because Uncle Rodney got to it first. The kitchen that was ajoined to it was painted a bright yellow with floral curtains the way Aunt Loraine wanted it. On the left of the kitchen was the dining room that was just there for show because my aunt and uncle seemed it necessary to have a place that was clean in the house. On the other side of the house was a guest bedroom and a bathroom that no one ever used. Upstairs there was the master bedroom and two bathrooms. One went with the master bedroom and the other one was adjoined to Remy and my bedroom. Then at the end of the hall there was Remy's play room that she had all the toys strewn across the floor because she just refused to clean.

    This was the house that I grew up in from ten and up. Now at the age of seventeen it seemed familar but diffrent all in the same way. I felt like a stranger in my own home and I was the one that needed to be shown to my room and given a tour of the house just to make sure I had walked through the right door.

     "Hayden, take Remy upstairs and pack you're things. We're going to be living with my parents in Pacific Grove, California until I can support the two of you with a solid job." Aunt Loraine said walking into the living room to go and have a chat with my uncle and his new bride to be.

    I couldn't believe Uncle Rodney had the gall to marry the slut when he didn't even have any of the paper signed for a full divorce from his wife of twenty years yet. It was as if he had been wanting to get rid of us from the very start. What I was worried about was little Remy. She was to young to choose who to live with. Uncle Rodney had already said that he wanted her and Aunt Loraine would have to fight to keep her.

     I just knew one thing at the moment. Wherever Remy went I was going. She was not going to get abused like I did for ten years of my life. They would have to go through me to get to her. Especially the new slut.

   I grabbed Remy's hand and pulled her up the stairs before she could follow her mom and ask more questions. "Sissy, why is mommy so mad?" She asked me as I began to throw all of our clothes in the few suit cases we had.

     I heaved a sigh. Remy was to young to understand that I was her cousin. So her parents decided to let her think of me as a sister. "Well, Unc- I mean daddy doesn't want mommy anymore. He has a new person to love." I said shutting and zipping up the two suit cases and then heading into Aunt Loraine's room.

    "If daddy doesn't want mommy anymore . . . does that mean he don't want me either?" She asked as tears began to waterfall down her cheek.

   I stopped everything I was doing and hugged her to me. "Of course he wants you! You're his little girls. There's no one he wants more than you. Mommy just wants you more than he does." I said kissing her wet cheek.

    "How come mommy and daddy only want me? What about you?" She asked hugging me.

  "I get to choose who I want to be with. I promise you though, wherever you go I'm going to be right there with you every step of the way." I said clutching her to me and twirling her hair around my finger. I hated seeing her so confused and hurt, but I couldn't do anything but be there for her. I couldn't change the fact that her parents were getting a divorce. It wasn't my decision in the first place.

      I let her go and finished packing all of Aunt Loraine's things in the suit cases that she had in the back of the closet. I remember the last time she used those suit cases were three years ago. Her and Uncle Rodney had decided to go on a trip to Florida and left me here to watch Remy. It was only a two day trip, but I managed to burn down the kitchen in the process. After that Aunt Loraine never left the house even for an hour to go grocery shopping. We always had adult super vision.

     I didn't notice I was crying until little Remy's hand touched my cheek. "Sissy what's the matter? Why are you crying?" She asked with pure worry laced into her words.

    I looked at her, the picture of Uncle Rodney, the man who used to give me piggy backs as a child. For now I was leaving him and I had to admit it hurt. "I'm just worried about you. I wonder if you can be strong enough for your mommy and not cry." I said trying to distract her. It worked.

   "I am a big girl! I'm not a baby!" She said exasperated with a roll of her blue eyes.

      "Of course you are. Well let's go. We have a long drive ahead of us. All the way from Las Vegas, Nevada to Pacific Grove, California. That's a three hour drive." I said taking the suit case from the bed and the few that were in the hall.

   "We're going to go see grandma and grandpa!?" Remy almost shouted with excitement.

   "Yep! I hear they have a big surprise for you." I said trying to keep the mood bright and happy as we went down the stairs. Aunt Loraine was already at the door. Uncle Rodney and his new slut who was watching me with envious eyes were standing at the bottom of the stairs.

    She giggled histerically and then ran down towards her mommy who had tears still pouring down her cheeks. Uncle Rodney came and helped me with the suit cases and I swear if looks could kill I would have been dead from the evil glare I was getting from his slut. 

   I didn't tell him thank you, because he was hurting all of us by kicking us out of the house, the least he could have done was said he was sorry, but those words didn't even come out of his mouth. "You're always welcome here Hayden." He said smiling one of his famous apologetic smiles that he wore on his face often.

   I just wanted to slam the door in his face and let him and his new slut rot as memories in the back of my mind and never be brought up again. Instead a gave him my famous 'I hate you smile' and just nodded.

     I hated awkward moments so I just turned on my heel grabbed Remy and Aunt Loraine and walked out of there before it could get worse than what it already was. With a sobbing aunt on my left and a quiet sleepy child on my right I knew I would be the one that would have to drive. I prepared myself for the long journey that I would have to face, both physically and emotionally and prayed for a miracle that I knew would never come.