I'm here for you

4/4/2016

I'm here for you

Mecca

I woke up and starred down at Bria still sound asleep in my arms. I tighten my hold around her waist pulling her body closer to mines. I smiled now, because when she wakes up she's going to be pissed. Time after time she has told me she can't stay all night, but who am I to wake up a sleeping beauty. My cell started ringing and I reached over and turned the ringer off. Josh can wait until later, taking care of Bria was more important. Thoughts of last night started replaying in my mind, she was so mentally drained when she fell asleep on my chest, holding on to me. I had carried her to my bedroom and laid her on my bed holding her in my arms. We laid not saying a word, the only sounds were her soft cries.

"It hurt Mecca." She broke the silence.

"What hurt baby?"

"The one person that was supposed to love me, really hated me."

"Who hated you?" I kissed the top of her head.

"My mother, she never liked me. I don't even know why."

"I'm sure she loved you."

"She used to beat me, Mecca. I was her own personal punching bag. Greg was the only one that cared about me."

I rolled my eyes at that name, I really need to find out who this guy is. "Why do you say that?"  

"Because he would take away the pain. Make me forget about all the bad things that were happening."

"How would he do that?" I already knew what she was going to say.

"He helped me learn how to free my mind and body."

"Do you love him?"

She shook her head. "Love doesn't exist Mecca. Only heart ache and pain."

"That's not true Bria, people fall in love everyday."

"It doesn' matter.  Why fall in love if they just leave you in the end?"

My heart hurt for her. "I'm here for you Bria, I would never leave you." I kissed the top of her head.

"Don't say that Mecca." She started to cry harder. "One day you will leave me too."

"No, I promise, I will always be here for you." I held her tighter, wanting to protector her from her fears. She fell asleep shortly after and so did I.

"Mecca, Mecca." I heard a voice yell from down stairs followed by my front door slamming shut.

"Shit." Bria and I both Jumped up in unison. "Josh." We both said his name, I looked at her and she looked at me. "How do you know Josh?" We both said. "Bria, how do you know Josh?" I asked again, praying  that they haven't slept together. "Have you fucked him?"

 "Oh God no, Josh is my brother." She picked up her dress and started pulling it on.

"Mecca." Josh started calling my name again.

"I don't know how he found me, I told you I couldn't stay all night. Wait how do you know Josh?'

"He's my best friend." Or at least he was until now I thought to myself, if he finds this out he will kill me. "I'm coming down." I cracked the door and yelled so he would stay down stairs, Josh was one of the few people that knew where I kept my spare house key. "Bria stay here, I'm going to get him to leave." I pulled on some shorts and walked out my room closing my bedroom door behind me.