Chapter 11-The Master Plan

Jus a head's up, I've gone back to previous chapters and added bits in and stuff after receiving comments that I should make chapters longer. So yeah, feel free to check that out :) thanks sooo mcuh for reading this far, it really means a lot! OH yeah, vote, comment, fan, recommend, etc, etc. :D THANKS AWESOME DUDES!!!!

************

Chapter 11

"And just where the hell have you been?" Cole demanded. "You said 1:30!" So maybe I was a tiny bit late. It was only 3pm. Then again, I hadn't exactly called...
"Shhhhhhhh!" I whisper yelled, shifting the now sleeping Izzy in my arms so that I could close the front door. I mean, gosh, I knew he didn't like me getting any sleep, but I hadn't realised that he felt the same about everyone.
"Did you just shush me?" he asked incredulously.

 He came into the hallway then, and froze when he saw the sleeping child in my arms. He opened his mouth, then closed it again, and repeated this three times, while I stood there, smirking. He looked like a fish!
"What is that child doing here?" he finally choked out, his eyes wide. 
"A little help would be nice!" I retorted. I mean, I was carrying a backpack and a child that was not as light as she looked, and he was just standing there!

 "What is she doing here?" Cole repeated, not moving. 
"She needed a place to stay," I replied vaguely, struggling into the living room. Cole moved out of the way to let me pass, then followed me in.
"So why is she here?" he said, shaking his head at me as I gently placed Izzy onto the brown sofa.  

 Since Cole made no move to lower his voice, Izzy stirred on the sofa. I shot him a dirty look, then knelt by her side. Slowly, her bleary blue eyes blinked open. 
"Mummy?" she asked softly.
"No honey, it's Miss Hunter," I said, my voice quiet. I paused, not wanting to remind her, but then said, "Do you remember what happened to mummy?" Her eyes looked confused for a moment before they clouded with tears. She nodded.
"The Bad Things got to her, didn't they?" she said, slowly sitting up and looking around.
"Yes honey, but you're safe here." I smiled at her.
"Where's mummy?" she asked, her wide eyes round.  
"You remember the ambulance people?" Izzy nodded. "Well, they came to take her to the hospital, to see if they could make her better."  
"NO!" Izzy cried. "My mummy doesn't like hospitals! She says that that's where all of the Bad Things like to be."

 "The Bad Things?" Cole asked, leaning against the wall by the door I'd just come through. At the sound of his voice, Izzy went rigid. Slowly, she turned and looked at him, cowering against me at the same time. I stroked her hair soothingly. 
"It's okay Izzy," I told her. "He's my friend. He won't hurt you. He gets rid of the Bad Things just like I do. Just like mummy does. His name is Cole, but I'm sure he won't mind if you call him Coco." I smiled a little evilly and looked at Cole from the corner of my eye. He glared at me, and I chuckled. Served him right!   

 Slowly, she began to relax, and eventually, she fell asleep again. No doubt the poor girl was exhausted. There were a few silents moments before Cole spoke. 
"Do you want to tell me what the fuck is going on?" Cole said pleasantly. I sighed. 
"It wouldn't kill you to be nice you know," I said, rubbing my temples.  
"Who is that girl?" he demanded.
"Shhhh, you'll wake her up again. For God's sake, have some consideration!"
"How can I have consideration when I don't know what's going on?" he hissed through clenched teeth.

 I got up from where I was slumped on the floor, and beckoned for Cole to follow me through into my bedroom. I didn't face him as I spoke. I just fell onto my bed, and didn't speak for a few moments. Cole's eyes were literally burning a whole in my back. 
"She's like us Cole," I said, finally looking at him. 
"What?"
"She has powers, " I repeated tiredly.
"How is that bloddy possible? She's, what, four?"
"I don't know. All I know is that her mother was like us to but then... But then..." I trailed off.
"Raven," Cole said gently, coming over to the bed. It dipped under his weight, and I suddenly became aware that we were alone in my bedroom. On a bed. I swallowed.