I had to see you

It's the end of the week and I'm ready to go home, just like every other day. I don't wanna come to school anymore.

Marcel and I...well, there is not Marcel and I. We haven't talked all week and I don't think we are anytime soon. I sometimes take quick glances of him when I walk down the hall. I've caught him doing the same...once or twice. During theater class, it's typical, besides the fact I no longer step foot in the light/sound booth. I stay in the audience and listen to Mr. Leeroy go on and on about his days as a professional dancer.

I'm with Ashlyn most of the school day. She seems to be the only girl without drama these days. Sometimes during lunch Summer would bring Marcel to our table, making things even more awkward between us. I just talk to Ashlyn and pretend they're not there. She tells me that she's gotten closer to Summer, just to see what she's up to. They were good friends but now Ashlyn has her suspicions. I sort of notice too. Now days, she gives me dirty looks and I have no idea why. We barely talk anymore. 

Marcel and I would send each other small smiles every now and then but I notice it stops when Summer's around. More so when she sends him a glare.

That's when it clicks.

Summer...that BITCH. She's just using him against me. She's trying to make me jealous, but why? I've never had anything against her...ever. She's really getting under my skin.

"Lori!" I hear Ashlyn call me from down the hall. I have no time for that right now. I'm about to slap a bitch. "Summer!" I call her as I see her closing her locker. "Sup Lori" she says nonchalantly. "I know you're telling Marcel things about me!" "What are you talking about?" "I don't know why you're doing this but...just stop! You can't just tell Marcel to stop talking to me." She stepped closer to me and whispered, "Yes, I can. I have his pathetic ass wrapped around my finger so. keep. your hands. off" she staccato-ed. "Oh and you should've past the message to your whore of a mother before she took my dad away."

I gasped. Ok she could talk about my mother that way. I have barely memory of her and the only thing I know she's good for is leaving. But not Marcel, he was far from pathetic. He was only lonely because no one made an effort to approach him. Well, I did, but look where I am now.

I rose my hand and back handed her across the face. The force knocking her down. I looked down at her with fury built in my eyes. "You're lucky to even have spent time with him!" Many onlookers had crowded around us. I scanned the crowd and one face caught my eyes...Marcel's. He had a sad expression on his face but I could tell it wasn't directed towards me. I quickly looked away, not able to handle his intense stare. Yet another face caught my attention, this time my face froze. Mr. Harvey.

"Anderson, my office" he said before weaving through people and to his office, as did I.

"Three days suspension?!" I exclaim. "Do you wanna make it five?" "N-no sir." "Glad. Your suspension starts Monday and is to end Wednesday after school so you can return Thursday." I sighed and left the office. My dad is gonna kill me.

***

Well, my dad didn't necessarily kill me but he might as well have. No laptop. No TV and no phone. Ugh! I've seriously lost track of the days since I've been stuck at home with nothing to do. You know how it is. Like summer break when you never know what day it is. Except it's not summer and I'm not having a lick of fun.

It's about 7pm and I had to result to one thing...homework. I know! Suspension can change a girl. A knock on the door sends my books flying across the room. Company! I don't care if its the freaking  mail man...at 7pm. OK that's weird.

I jog down the step all giddy but my smile drops when I open the door. "Lori...I-I need to talk to you." I hesitantly nodded and stepped aside so he could enter.