Good Luck

Saturday morning...great -.-

Tonight is Marcel's date with Summer. To be honest, yeah I'm sad. Sad because I got way too involved in his life and ended up catching feelings. I'm so stupid.

Marcel's gonna be here at around five to get my car. Too bad he has to walk here. I offered to drive my car to his house and wait there but he insisted otherwise.

"Lori?" my dad asks, knocking on my room door. "Yeah?" "I'm gonna be out today. I have some things to take care of at the office. Are you going to be alright by yourself?" I nod," Dad, I'm seventeen, I'm gonna be fine" I laugh. He rolls his eyes and leaves my room. About ten minutes later I hear the front door close, telling me that he's left.

I walk downstairs and make myself a bowl of 'Special K'. I CANNOT function without 'Special K'. By the time I'm done eating and check all the unnecessary crap on my phone it's already two o'clock.

My eyes start to water as the time comes closer to five. I actually do like him and the thought of sending him off with another girl makes my eyes sting. Unwanted tears stain my cheeks. I need a shower. They always help me through hard time. They give me time to think and that's exactly what I need right now.

As I enter the steamy oasis all tense muscles loosen and my emotions seem to float away. I stand there, letting the hot water pelt against my aching skin. I needed this.

After a relaxing shower I decide to do another thing that gets my mind off things. Dance. I slip on a pair of spandex shorts and sports bra. I go downstairs and find a hair tie to put my hair up into a ponytail. I push all the furniture to the walls to make more room. I walk over to my stereo, plug in my ipod and choose a song. 'Hit the floor' by Pitbull.

I use a lot of hip movements for this song and trust me...your girls hips don't lie.

I mostly dance hip hop to this song and that's why I like it so much. I use some meringue just to get the flow of things. I was half way through the song when my door bell rings. I pause the music. What time is it? 4:43 Crap! How long was I in the damn shower?

I open the door and see Marcel standing there, all dressed up for his date...with Summer. He had his hair natural, no glasses, converse, white 'Lumineers' t shirt and dark jeans. "H-Hi" he stammered looking to my feet. "Hi?" I said, confused as to why he couldn't look at me. That's when I noticed I still only had on my sports bra and spandex. "Oh, sorry. I-I was dancing and...yeah. Do you want to come in?" He nods and walks in when I step aside to allow him.

"Um, would you like something to drink or?" "No thanks. Where's the bathroom?" "Oh,um, down the hall to the left" I awkwardly answer. I watch as he strolls down the hall way and admire the way his curls flop with every step.

Stop it Lori!

I shake my head and sigh as I try and clear my mind. It doesn't seem to work. Back to dancing!

Pressing play on my ipod the music starts again.

Dance the night away

Live your life and stay young on the floor

Dance the night away

Grab somebody, drink a little more

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalala-a

Tonight we gon’ be it on the floor

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalala-a

Tonight we gon’ be it on the floor

I move my body slowly to the beat and then have a little 'dance break', jumping up and down on the 'lalala' part. I know...I'm a bit odd. I laugh at myself, walking over to the stereo to cut it off. I slightly jump when I see Marcel leaning against the doorway of the living room. "Nice skills" he laughs. I groan, "How much of that did you see?" I say, slapping a hand on my forehead. "Let's just say...I didn't actually use the bathroom" he snickered.

"Your place...is huge" he awes as he looks around my kitchen. I giggle at his expression, "Yeah, it's a bit overwhelming but you get used to it." He nods in understanding, peeking down my halls to see their length.

"So are you ready? Got everything prepared?" I ask as I sit on the kitchen counter and take a swing of my water bottle. "Yeah, I think so. I'm a little nervous though" he awkwardly laughs, scratching the back of his neck. "Don't worry, you'll do fine, just remember everything I taught you."

I instantly regret ever saying those words. I flush and fix a lose tendril behind my ear. Everything I 'taught' his is useful but that one thing I 'taught' him was used on the wrong person. That person being me."Y-you know what I mean." His face tinged as he nervously laughed and began to fiddle with his thumbs.

He looked back up at me with a more serious expression and his eyes held a bit of concern. "Look...Lori, about that kiss..." My eyebrows furrowed as I shook my head, looking down. "It was a mistake..." I spoke softly. Was it a mistake? Yeah. Do I regret it? Not really

"Oh...yeah."

***

"Here, don't crash my car" I giggle, handing him my car keys. "I've got a license" he huffed and stuffed them into his pocket. "You've got everything you need?" I awkwardly ask as we stand by my front door. "Gosh, you sound like my mom" he snorted. -.-

"Well, it's about...6:17, you better get going." "Yeah...I should."

Surprised was an understatement when he dipped down and kissed my cheek before wrapping his arms around my wait, hugging me. "Thanks again Lori." I had my arms around his shoulders, "Good luck."

***

I spent the rest of my night watching cheesy love stories and wishing that I was in Summers place right about now.