First Mission

A/N:Sorry about the '&quote' crap. I don't know how to change it but I assure you it won't happen again.

I sigh, "Again... What are you wearing?" So I was going to 'launch' our first mission, but not when it look like he just hopped of a musical stage. "What? You said no suspenders." I groan and grab him by the wrist. I drag him down the hall and push open the bathroom door.

My body was in but Marcel refused. "What are you doing? This is the girls' bathroom." I roll my eyes, "School hasn't even started yet and it's not like we're breaking any rules." I give him another tug and he stumbles into the bathroom. I shut the door and lock it. "Happy?" "Uh..." He just stands there awkwardly. 

"Okay, first things first. Take off this damn bow tie." I untie it and throw it to the floor. "Hey!" He leans to pick it up. I grab his shoulder and point a finger in his face, "Leave it." He sighed and stood straight again.

"White button up... Nice choice but let's roll up these sleeves." I rolled them until they were right below his elbows. "Here, lets unbotton these two." I undo his top two buttons and see a little pendant around his neck. "Whats this?" i ask, fiddling with the pendant which seems to be a paper plane. "Just something I got for my birthday a few years back." "It's cute" I smile as I reposition his collar. A red tint rises onto his face. 

"Done?" "No" I groan "why are your pants up so high?" I mumble to myself and pull at his pants. He nervously clears his throat when I pull out his tucked in shirt. "I'm not trying to get into your pants" I giggle, trying to lighten his mood. "Your hair is like... Too perfect" I say and receive a light laugh. I run my hands through it and instantly pull back. "Is that grease?" He just shrugs his shoulders. "Who are you? John Travolta?" I enquire and wipe my hands on his shoulders. "Hair is gonna be for another time." "Are you done?" He hopefully asks.

I take my bottom lip between my teeth, observing how he looks. I kneel down and feel on the fabric of his pants. "Are these dress pants?" "Yup" he proudly states. I sigh and sand back up.

"Do you have jeans... Preferably skinny?" "I think I have a pair." "Alright, how about converse because, bro... Those dress shoes are not gonna work." He laughs, "yeah I have some."

Now I sort of feel bad for downgrading his wardrobe. Oops I lay my hands on his shoulders and say, "Again... I don't care how you dress. I quite like the nerdy look, but... Summer doesn't and I'm just trying to help you out, ok?" He nods and sends me a sad smile. I know he doesn't want to change himself entirely and neither do I but we both agreed to do this so it has to be done. 

***

 As soon as Mr. Leeroy dismisses us for our weekly improv, I dash to the light/ sound booth. 

Ain't nobody got time for improv ;)

"Hey, Lo-..." "No time for that." "Uh ok?" "You see Summer setting up stage over there?" I point through the window. He nods, "yup." "Well, you're gonna go talk to her" I smile. "Wait? What?! I can't just go talk to her, what am I supposed to say?" He rambles. "You're gonna help her with that box that she's trying to carry across stage." "What if she doesn't need help?" :Stop making excuses, get off your lazy arse and help her out!"

"O-ok."

"Don't be nervous. Just casually act as if you're picking up props and once you 'notice' her struggle, help her. Simple."

"Sure..." He says uneasily and walks out the booth. I follow but lean against the outside and watch as he walks to the stage. 

He does as told and places a few props in their correct places while Summer is still having trouble with a box. I watch as he asks her for his assistance and he gladly accepts...yes! As he walks across stage Summer walks with him and they hold a little conversation. Awe ; This is probably his first time ever talking to her... Proud momma over here!

I notice his cheeks tint a few times. I've known Summer for a little while and I know she's the one to flirt, it's like a pass time for her. So I had no doubt that her careless flirting was shading Marcel's cheeks.  The way he smiled at her was cute. Like a little puppy wanting attention and after all this time, he's got it. &I know why he likes her. She's a pretty girl. With her curly blonde hair, big blue eyes and a tan that looked as if she lived on the beach. Her name fits her well. 

After a few more boxes were placed correctly, Summer thanked Marcel and walked back to Veronica. He looked beyond the seats at me and smiled. I grinned and sent him thumbs up