I Can't Believe You Lied To Me!

Clary was dragging me all over New York. If you're wondering why I didn't fight back, it was because we were wearing glamouring runes so if I accidentally pushed her into a stranger, we'd be in a lot of trouble. We were standing outside the Brooklyn Academy of Art, because Clary felt like going down memory lane for some reason, when Alec found us as her phone went off.

"Why'd the two of you run out? And what's the point of an Invisibility rune if you don't silence your phone? That was childish, sneaking out like that..." Clary ignored him and chose to answer her phone instead so he turned his disappointed gaze at me. That look just made me want to beg and apologise so I told him the truth that I realised when we were seven or so miles away from the institute.

 That look just made me want to beg and apologise so I told him the truth that I realised when we were seven or so miles away from the institute

"I'm sorry... Clary barged into my room earlier saying that we were meeting you somewhere. It wasn't until we were in a taxi did I realise that she may have been lying to me." I looked at him with my puppy dog eyes, hoping he'd believe me. After a while he seemed to accept my apology so he nodded, making me jump on him and give him a quick hug as a thank you. When I let go, I said, "Plus, I haven't even gotten the chance to yell at her yet."

"...I'm fine. I'm with Alec and Lily..." Clary said as the conversation finished.

"Mundanes. Look at them. Running around like ants. Let's go." I sighed in annoyance as another argument began between my sister and close friend.

" I sighed in annoyance as another argument began between my sister and close friend

Once Clary brought up Alec's love for Jace, I knew she went too far. "Stop Clary. You can't just use other people's feelings as an excuse to hide your own. We aren't children anymore Clary. We're fighting in a war so please act like it!" I finished with a huff. My sister stared at me long and hard before glaring at Alec, blaming him for me taking his side probably. I shook my head at her before saying, "Because of your lie to get me out of the institute, Maryse won't be very happy because she asked me herself for me to stay safe. Whatever it is we are doing outside, it better be for a good reason so this better be quick."

*

When we arrived at the 'secret' hideout Clary and Simon would hangout when they didn't want me to be with them, Clary ran off ahead of us and greeted Simon.